Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Falling back in love with life

(7 Posts)
bridie69 Wed 11-Nov-15 21:21:24

I was a lonely and unhappy person for many years. Widowed, children now all left home, thought my love life was dead and buried. Through various things I have really come alive recently. My God I am 51 but errm so what?? I just hope to encourage people that maybe think the way I did please don't give up hope. I met someone nice albeit a friend at the moment but he made me see myself differently. Add some Barcelona sunshine, a friend in need and curiously a funeral(always makes me want to live in the moment somehow) and then things started happening for me. Things starting to go in right direction for DS and DD too. It never looked like I'd be here even 2 years ago. Please don't lose hope. Don't.

Viewofhedges Wed 11-Nov-15 21:28:00

That's so lovely bridie, so good to hear that life has turned around for you. It's good to know that when it can feel very tough sometimes that it is possible to move through the hard times to some sunshine. Wishing you all the best.

ALaughAMinute Wed 11-Nov-15 21:33:44

What a lovely post. I'm pleased that you've managed to turn things around. Thank you for giving us hope. flowers

janaus Wed 11-Nov-15 21:47:08

Thank you for your post. It's very positive. Wish you all the best in your new found love of life.
And 51 is not too old to enjoy yourself. Be happy.

WankySeahorse Wed 11-Nov-15 23:51:03

Amazing post .... Just what I needed to hear. Thank you xxx I'm glad things have turned around for you , may your happiness continue.

donajimena Thu 12-Nov-15 07:14:21

Thank you for posting this. I'm in a good place now but I would have loved to have seen a post like this last year.
Its like the world turns from black and white to technicolour isn't it?

iPaid Thu 12-Nov-15 07:41:44

flowers bridie

The media love to tell women that we are invisible or on the scrap heap once we turn 50 - if not before! It's completely untrue and we need to hear more positive stories.

I like the idea of some Barcelona sunshine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now