Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If anyone is intrested in Marridge and photography!

(29 Posts)
Justaboy Wed 11-Nov-15 11:08:36

Some excellent galleries of wedding photos here, a bit more imaginative than most. One that did catch my eye was in Modern love a picture of an old couple long together set against newly weds watching what looks like a cricket match!.

Enjoysmile

rangefinder.shootproof.com/gallery/30risingstars2015/home

Twinklestein Wed 11-Nov-15 11:11:45

I'm interested in spelling and appropriate capitals. Am I bad?

Puzzledandpissedoff Wed 11-Nov-15 12:22:23

Some of those shots are just wonderful ... thanks for sharing smile

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 11-Nov-15 12:24:27

Not bad Twinklestein, just boring, irritating and pointless.

Twinklestein Wed 11-Nov-15 17:32:40

Bit like this thread, and your response then. wink

kerbs Wed 11-Nov-15 19:33:55

Thank you Op, have saved the site for when I have more time.

The first set of photos in particular were beautiful.

Toomuch2young Wed 11-Nov-15 19:41:38

Oh do fuck off Twinkle!
How many times do we have to say mumsnet should be accessible to all - including people with dyslexia/ poor spelling/ prone to making typos/ learning disabilities and every one else.
Why come onto a clearly labelled thread to make snarky remarks about a subject you are not interested in?!

Op - I think the pics are really stunning, thanks for sharing.

Vedamakesthebesttoast Wed 11-Nov-15 19:42:13

Lovely link, thanks op

Twinklestein? Seriously.... Didn't your mum ever teach you not to say anything unless you have something nice to say (or constructive.....)

Supermanspants Wed 11-Nov-15 19:47:36

That is what interests you Twinkle?
Oh dear. . . Perhaps you need to get out more

Twinklestein Wed 11-Nov-15 20:16:34

Oh grow up the lot of you. MN Relationships is not the place for wedding snaps. Spelling is one of my gripes, I have many.

Supermanspants Wed 11-Nov-15 20:42:04

Yes you do appear to be one of those types of people Twinkle
But pray tell. . . In what way does calling you out on your pedantry equate with immaturity?

Twinklestein Wed 11-Nov-15 20:59:17

As my first post seems to have completely passed you by: it was by way of complaint that this thread is not appropriate for a relationships forum.

If you want to post pics and have a natter with your mates, then go on to chat.

Immaturity = po-faced, sentimental, insecure and a bit silly.

Toomuch2young Wed 11-Nov-15 21:02:37

Love the fact that twinklestein is so upset someone posted a thread about wedding pics in relationships, that they derailed the whole thread with spelling bitching.
Irony.

Supermanspants Wed 11-Nov-15 21:04:10

Er. . . Ok then hmm

Redglitter Wed 11-Nov-15 21:06:50

Nice attitude Twinklestein. You have no.idea why the OP mis spelled the title but hey don't let that worry you. Just be pedantic

U2HasTheEdge Wed 11-Nov-15 21:06:53

Thanks OP. I really enjoyed looking.

Ignore Twinkles some people like to spread their shit everywhere.

ModenaMan Wed 11-Nov-15 21:14:15

Some stunning images for sure.
Makes a change to have a positive thread on this section, you know celebrating a relationship.

I can see having your head up your arse could make someone a little gripey too.

Sweetsweetjane Thu 12-Nov-15 01:15:41

Really nice pics. I can appreciate a nice wedding photo even if my own marriage was a tits up disaster from day one.

HandsomeGroomGiveHerRoom Thu 12-Nov-15 05:05:21

Some lovely photos there. I love weddings blush

dangerrabbit Thu 12-Nov-15 07:06:46

Thanks, I've forwarded the link to some friends.

firesidechat Thu 12-Nov-15 09:01:44

At the risk of being labelled a pedant, I tend to agree with Twinkle. If you think about the majority of threads posted in relationships, photos of happy wedding days may not be in the best possible taste.

Robotgirl Thu 12-Nov-15 13:08:18

I agree with Fire & Twinkle.
Happy wedding photos & piss poor grammar don't fit in here. Sorry.

GwynethPaltrowIamNot Thu 12-Nov-15 13:34:58

Well if marriage doesn't come under relationships I'm lost
Beautiful OP

firesidechat Thu 12-Nov-15 14:15:46

That's a bit disingenuous Gwyneth. Just a couple of minutes looking at threads either side of this one will tell you that happy relationships rarely find their way on to this part of mumsnet. It is widely seen as a place to air issues, great and small. There are other places more suited to happily smiling brides and grooms (I haven't clicked on the link, but assume that's what they are).

Cabrinha Thu 12-Nov-15 16:01:40

I think a little disclaimer would be a good idea - as I'd assume they were awful wedding photos, given the tone of this board.

But I have occasionally seen people post about good relationships and seen nothing but 'that's so nice to read' type responses. It's not totally inappropriate in that context - though I'd not post positive things myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now