Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help me keep my resolve to leave.

(8 Posts)
fumingnow32 Mon 09-Nov-15 12:07:16

Hi, I need your help to make sure I leave him this time - please! here is a link to my other thread;
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2504245-Oh-my-god-Im-fucking-fuming-with-the-fucking-prick?pg=1&order=

'DP' is a master manipulator when it comes to making me doubt myself - I have tried to leave him numerous times before but he somehow manages to convince me that there's nothing wrong and its all in my head.

I don't even think he loves me anyway and I don't love him.

He is here for the kids and probably also because I give him a really nice life as I'm a high earner with my own business so he doesn't have to work, drives a nice car, etc. He was hoping we'd get married then of course he's be entitled to half of everything.

I could go on for a long time about him but for now I just need help to stay on track and make it happen this time.

fumingnow32 Mon 09-Nov-15 12:07:53

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2504245-Oh-my-god-Im-fucking-fuming-with-the-fucking-prick?pg=1&order=

petalsandstars Mon 09-Nov-15 12:09:24

You don't love him. There needs to be nothing more. With all the other stuff >>>>>>> hills are that way.

Anniegetyourgun Mon 09-Nov-15 12:33:01

What you have there, my dear, is the original common or garden cocklodger. It's time he packed up his cock and lodged it somewhere else. The Bank of Fuming no longer wishes to accommodate his overdrawn account.

It really doesn't matter whether any jury in the land would agree that there's anything wrong between you. Even if it were all in your head (which, by the sound of it, it isn't), it's your head and your life and you can choose who to share it with.

SoDiana Mon 09-Nov-15 12:37:11

What is he contributing to your life that you would stay?

fumingnow32 Mon 09-Nov-15 13:10:36

We have 2 young children - 20mo and 8wks old. He is so good at convincing me that it's all in my head and that the bad times are all due to my tiredness / hormones / stress or whatever that I stay. I know how ridiculous that sounds. He convinces me that even though I don't love him now I would if I was thinking straight!

After the latest incident where he has once again put my DD in danger and then denied it even though I saw with my own eyes, I just have to get out of the relationship now.

pocketsaviour Mon 09-Nov-15 15:22:34

OK, what is the housing and financial situation? Who is the primary care giver for the children?

fumingnow32 Mon 09-Nov-15 15:31:38

We rent and the lease is in my name only. Financially I earn good money and he doesn't work. I transfer a lot of money to him every month to live on and he wastes it all and still manages to go into his overdraft. If we split (when) he has to work without a doubt. I work from home but not many hours as my business is old enough now that it can be run by others most of the time. I am the primary carer although he does more with our toddler since newborn came along as I'm always BF.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: