Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My therapist, transference and I

(2 Posts)
myfirstandonlylove Fri 06-Nov-15 18:41:38

I posted here recently about developing feelings for my therapist. I am male, she is female. I finally got around to discussing it with her this week. It was far better than I thought it would be. It was hard to say but sometimes hard things have to be said and it is not a crime to be attracted to someone, even when it is not reciprocated. Anyway I hope this may be of use to the person who wrote about having similar feelings herself.

Gabby99 Fri 06-Nov-15 19:50:40

Hi OP, I posted about this a few weeks ago. Thanks for your update. I am so pleased it went well for you. I have read a lot about transference in recent weeks and I don't believe my feelings are erotic transference. I have very strong feelings for him but it is more a desire for comfort, I don't think of him in a sexual way really. I would give anything for him to put his arms around me and hold me but I know that's never going to happen! I wish you well in your journey smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now