Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need advice right now please!

(12 Posts)
Bloodyhellfire123 Thu 05-Nov-15 20:55:57

So I've just done a pregnancy test which was faint positive.

My DP is on his way home from a business trip..gets back in half an hour.
I'm off tomorrow for the weekend so I want to tell him tonight.

How to I tell him the news? When I found out I was pregnant with our DS I just prodded him in the night, said I was pregnant and then we went back to sleep.

I'm not actually sure how the news is going to go down or how I feel about it..financially, work wise and our relationship strength.

Anyway...half an hour please on how to break this!

Chamonix1 Thu 05-Nov-15 20:59:35

Sit with the pregnancy test in front of you, with a huge grin on your face, waiting for him to walk through the door?

Chamonix1 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:00:44

Hand him the pregnancy test and say "I'm pregnant, I don't know what to think right now, but I thought you should know"
I don't think it matters how, just tell him and discuss smile

Bloodyhellfire123 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:01:09

Urgh I've got 2 pee sticks right here but I don't know if it's grin-appropriate.

And he's gonna be shattered from work so I might need to gauge the mood.

Bloodyhellfire123 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:02:15

Ok I like that.... Feeling very jittery about him getting home. Wish I'd bothered to look a bit better and didn't have DS's food smeared down my fat girl leggings

Chamonix1 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:02:48

Gauge the mood then...there's no right or wrong way to tell him, just tell him if you think you're ready to talk about it.

ALaughAMinute Thu 05-Nov-15 21:09:01

I suppose it depends on how you're expecting him to react. I think I would just tell him that your period was late and you've taken a pregnancy test and you think you are pregnant. What else can you say?

He should be pleased that your DS has a little brother or sister on the way shouldn't he? Why wouldn't he be?

Of course if the pregnancy wasn't planned then you will need to talk about the practicalities. What are you afraid of?

Chamonix1 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:09:09

It's scary finding out you're pregnant, jitters are probably adrenaline. I think the second time round may be scarier- you know when you're going to have to do from experience!
Just try and relax and give yourself thinking time, it's a lot to take in. smile

Bloodyhellfire123 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:13:57

Yeah it's just not even a little bit the right time. We're broke, have only recently got back together and I'm about to start a new job. Hence I'm not even sure how I feel about it.

ALaughAMinute Thu 05-Nov-15 21:18:02

There's never a perfect time to have a child. How old is your DC? Would it be a good age gap?

Bloodyhellfire123 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:19:46

He's 13 months!

ALaughAMinute Thu 05-Nov-15 21:23:37

So he would be nearly two by the time your second was born? Sounds good to me! smile

Are you worried about how your DP is going to take it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now