Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Cheating partner on pof website

(11 Posts)
Merseygirl23 Tue 03-Nov-15 17:46:13

I have recently got back with my ex after 2 years apart. We were together 22 yrs, anyway I
Have had trust issues as he cheated, that's why we split,
I have had a gut feeling something was not right as he always hid his phone and was secretive.
I asked to see his phone to put my mind at rest, on it I found he had been on pof the last couple of days on his history browser. He denies being on it recently,but why would it show on browser.
Especially log in, view profile,mutual meet ups etc.
I know your history shows your online history but he is adamant he does nt know how it got there. He s convinced my daughters I m going crazy. Can someone please help me??

AliceInUnderpants Tue 03-Nov-15 17:54:26

He was on it. Sorry.

Jan45 Tue 03-Nov-15 17:55:07

You are not going crazy, he's never really changed and thinks nothing of searching online for cheap thrills, you saw it, you don't need him to admit it - they very rarely do as they are slimy as fuck.

Time to make him an ex again.

bodenbiscuit Tue 03-Nov-15 17:57:41

I had a partner who did this to me. I found him on A dating site and I even found that he had paid money to bump his profile up the list. When I confronted him about it he said he knew nothing about it and Facebook must have created the profile without him knowing - lying shit! I hate gaslighters.

AnyFucker Tue 03-Nov-15 18:00:23

Game over then, surely

Unless you want to sign yourself up for a lifetime of this ? And what does it have to do with your daughters ? confused

Tootsiepops Tue 03-Nov-15 18:11:07

Gaslighting at its finest.

pinkyredrose Tue 03-Nov-15 18:12:40

He's lying.

Merseygirl23 Tue 03-Nov-15 18:31:39

I know he is, been through a bad time lately. Kicking me when I m down.
Time to move on, can only make me stronger. He convinced my eldest daughter that they where from ages ago. Made me look like a nut. Don t know how to prove to her that he s a lying cheat x

AnyFucker Tue 03-Nov-15 18:32:21

Keep your daughter out of your relationships

The only person who needs to believe you is you

Cabrinha Tue 03-Nov-15 19:46:44

Why does your daughter even know?
He's an arsehole for involving her.
He's in there.
But even if he wasn't, this just shows that the trust is destroyed now.
Also, he should be bending over backwards to make the most of this second chance. Or don't let him have it.
So if this were cloud cuckoo land and he didn't go on there, he should be apologising that HIS cheating has made this suspicion, and doing everything he can to make that up to you. Not dragging your child into it all.

Get rid of the tosser. It'll be easier second time.

howtorebuild Tue 03-Nov-15 19:49:37

Gaslighting is a cheats bread and butter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now