Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Fed up with constant hassle!

(5 Posts)
ohdearymeee Tue 03-Nov-15 09:49:51

Been split up with XH for a year now - he lives nearby and sees her most weekends, I'm seeing someone else and Im trying to move on with my life.

Ive only recently asked for maintenance as I don't like asking for money, the text messages I got off xh was appaling! Accusing me of being a golddigger as the guy I'm seeing is older, he bad mouths me to my older daughter, mocks me then tells everyone he still wants me back!

Hes a complete manchild, I did everything through our relationship and I had enough and left him! He still doesn't see what the problem was says we had a great relationship and I shouldn't of left.
It all gets me down and I live in limbo, Im so fed up!

What do I do?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 03-Nov-15 09:57:08

How well were you advised re separation from this person; are you now formally divorced?.

He will not readily let you move on with your life so long as he is in it.

Does he now pay maintenance for his child; if not I would put the authorities onto him. He is still financially responsible for his child.

Presumably as well the contact arrangements were made informally?.

summerwinterton Tue 03-Nov-15 09:59:44

Go to CMS, get contact formalised at EOW and report his vile texts to the police.

ohdearymeee Tue 03-Nov-15 16:49:53

I checked my bank and he's deposited some money - why does he have to make everything so difficult?!
I'm looking after his cats and asked him to take them back last night as I'm sick of paying for them, again I got hassle - he said they weren't his cats they were family animals wtf?! Last month he said they were his I feel like driving past his house and leaving them outside (I wouldn't) why does he behave in such a childish way? He wasn't bothered about anything when we were together it annoys me so much grrrr

summerwinterton Tue 03-Nov-15 17:45:33

He is using these things to control you. I bet he hasn't paid you enough. Get onto the CMS and give him his cats back. Time to stand up for yourself and stop putting up with his crap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now