Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel a bit uncomfortable around this colleague

(4 Posts)
bridie69 Sun 01-Nov-15 23:38:09

There is a man where I work who it is fair to say has a reputation and not a good one with women. He is middle aged and has tried it on with all and sundry. Rumours management trying to get him out but never enough evidence. He isnt in any way interested in me as I'm far too long on the tooth as in around his age, but he just has a way of making me feel not really at ease. He never makes social talk only asks personal questions and blatantly stares when a fit young woman goes by. In the office I mean. I half think they assigned me to work with him on a project because I'm not in his target range. I can't say much as he hasn't done anything to me. But he is not nice to be around for a woman.

MadeMan Mon 02-Nov-15 01:02:04

"I half think they assigned me to work with him on a project because I'm not in his target range."

So management have sent you in as a sort of decoy scarecrow then? How nice of them.

whateverlovemeans Mon 02-Nov-15 01:03:17

Is there any way you could refuse for the simple reason he gives you the creeps? Sounds like others are aware of his creepiness and it's not really fair that you're stuck dealing with him. Are you due a vacation? Lol

bridie69 Mon 02-Nov-15 13:54:28

Well I am due one, but it wont solve the problem on my return. I cannot prove the reasons I have been sent in, but there are plenty of men around who could have worked with him as well. I have one male colleague who seems to understand as he asks me regularly if everything is ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now