Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

relationship strengthening course?

(6 Posts)
BusyCee Sun 01-Nov-15 09:53:46

Morning All. DH and I have been together 7 yrs and have 3x DCs under 5. We have a good relationship, but inevitably the DCs mean lack of sleep, a difference in lifestyle (he works ft and supports us financially; I work about 8hrs a week, to keep my hand I and some sanity) and less time for us to focus on each other - particularly as we have no close family so find getting time alone and general support difficult damn near impossible

We've talked about investing in our relationship, and going on residential couples course for a weekend (I can negotiate the odd over night stay with friends for the DCs). And this year I'd like to organize something for similar for DHs Christmas present (might sound a bit odd, but neither of us want or need anything material and something like this is an investment in our future together as well as something we'd (hopefully!) enjoy)

Could anyone recommend a course, or something similar? I don't really know what I'm looking for but am thinking of something that will give us the time and space to really look at each other, and to come away with a new strategy for enjoying our (fundamentally good) partnership in the face of the stresses and strains of life with a young family.

donajimena Sun 01-Nov-15 10:08:13

Google "care for the family' its a fabulous charities I came across when I was struggling as a lone parent. They do stuff for marriages too.
Sorry I can't do link on phone!

donajimena Sun 01-Nov-15 10:08:50

Charity. Stupid auto correct.

LadyPeterWimsey Sun 01-Nov-15 10:15:23

You could try the Marriage Course. It's often run by churches but you don't have to be religious at all to do it. And it's often free, or very cheap.

saltlakecity Sun 01-Nov-15 18:23:29

I would just spend that time and money on enjoying yourself. Sod the course and go to a B&B and have fun.

BusyCee Sun 01-Nov-15 18:50:51

Ah Salt Lake, a good point. But you know when you keep falling into the same rows and arguments over and over again? I do know nothing's perfect, but I also know we could do better than we are at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now