Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help to leave

(2 Posts)
darkmavis1 Sat 31-Oct-15 18:15:12

I want to leave my husband but - practically - I don't know how.

My family all live 200 miles away, and I have a 7 year old son so I don't want to drag him away from his friends and school.

I love my husband and don't want to hurt him but I'm desperately unhappy. I'm constantly put down, and have my mental health questioned - often in front of my little boy.

I have a small part time job. I couldn't afford to just up and leave. There is absolutely no way i can afford to stay in my house and have him move out, also the mortgage is in his name and I know he would refuse to leave.

I know this is pretty vague, but I don't know where to start with explaining my situation. Any advice?

zombiemeow Sat 31-Oct-15 18:25:50

I'm sure someone will come along soon with some good advice for you.

I just didn't want to read and run thanks

Have you spoken to a solicitor at all? Most of them usually offer a free 30 min session.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now