Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help to leave

(2 Posts)
darkmavis1 Sat 31-Oct-15 18:15:12

I want to leave my husband but - practically - I don't know how.

My family all live 200 miles away, and I have a 7 year old son so I don't want to drag him away from his friends and school.

I love my husband and don't want to hurt him but I'm desperately unhappy. I'm constantly put down, and have my mental health questioned - often in front of my little boy.

I have a small part time job. I couldn't afford to just up and leave. There is absolutely no way i can afford to stay in my house and have him move out, also the mortgage is in his name and I know he would refuse to leave.

I know this is pretty vague, but I don't know where to start with explaining my situation. Any advice?

zombiemeow Sat 31-Oct-15 18:25:50

I'm sure someone will come along soon with some good advice for you.

I just didn't want to read and run thanks

Have you spoken to a solicitor at all? Most of them usually offer a free 30 min session.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: