Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Selfish dh

(8 Posts)
Workinprogress2015 Sat 31-Oct-15 08:01:59

Selfish dh
For the past 2 days I've been in bed with a fever, high temp, aching muscles, headache plus I'm also 12 weeks pregnant.
We already have one dd and partner is off work this week, for the first day he left us to it while he ran errands. We stayed in bed and watch movies. Then yesterday he took dd to soft play for 2 hours, she fell asleep in the car and slept for a further hour at home. I asked him to make her some dinner for when she wakes, which he did. He's very good at doing things when asked but never uses his own initiative to figure things out, but that's another story.
She wakes, eats and he plays with her when it's nearly bedtime he asks can I put her to sleep as he needs to get a hair cut, then go out with friends said no, those things are not a priority right now we then have a massive argument and he says he's been with dd all day why can't I just put her to sleep!
I'm so fed up and annoyed with his behaviour he thinks doing things with our dd whilst I'm sick he should be rewarded with going out when I look after her all the time so he gets to go football/ gym etc. I want to ask him to leave because I'm practically a single parent as it is, his needs always come before ours, and he just doesn't realise how selfish he is.

LindyHemming Sat 31-Oct-15 08:09:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Workinprogress2015 Sat 31-Oct-15 08:15:05

Yes I am, we've spoken he just doesn't seem to get it and it's so frustrating. I rarely ask him to do much but I'm sick! Some days he leaves straight from work to said hobbie.

LindyHemming Sat 31-Oct-15 08:22:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Workinprogress2015 Sat 31-Oct-15 08:28:24

He will do it begrudgingly and he'll expect when it's done ( she's asleep) he can go out, which isn't usually a problem when I'm not sick.
I know we have serious communication problems, he never listens to my feelings, sounds over me to get his point across, never takes responsibility for his shortcomings. I've been suggesting couples counselling for months, he was supposed to look into it but dragged his feet, so I found one gave him the number to call, but now he's suggested instead of couples couselling he thinks he should do individual counselling. But he still hasn't booked it

Workinprogress2015 Sat 31-Oct-15 11:34:20

* shouts over me

LeaLeander Sat 31-Oct-15 11:57:26

All these serious problems yet you are having another child by him?

Sounds like you both need individual counseling.

Workinprogress2015 Sat 31-Oct-15 13:20:23

Lea thank you for your judgement opinion
Which is exactly the reason why we need to come to a solution sooner rather than later

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: