Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What does it take for you to feel comfortable around someone?

(2 Posts)
zas1 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:25:04

I had a terrible marriage and not great relationship with my late father, plus had some pretty bad experiences with harassment and worse over the years. Recently, well over 2 years I got to know someone, a similar aged man, who I just feel very comfortable around. It is certainly not a romantic thing but I can't put my finger on it..There is just something about him that puts me at my ease in a way I haven't felt for a long time if I am honest. I wondered if you had experienced sthg like this with someone?

bridie69 Thu 29-Oct-15 07:33:25

For me it is an indefinable thing. Do I feel treated like a human being, do I feel not physically threatened, do I feel listened to. People who give others space especially men that is a big one too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now