Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Needy & clingy person

(6 Posts)
zizio Sun 25-Oct-15 22:51:47

There is a lady whom I attend church with together. This lady also comes from the same country as me. She has a child who is the same age as mine. She ignored me first time around however when she found out I was building friendship with other people she leaned in and started talking. I made myself vulnerable by saying I was single parent in her presence. This seem to have triggered something as she went on to tell me that she had a teen pregnancy and had since remarried.

The 1st day she followed me around at a instant when I told her I was going to have a look at a new building the church had recently bought. Most of the time she waits for me but I am way too uncomfortable with her. She just hangs and because I speak to noone else its a great opportunity for her to come over and talk. Plus I think she feels its ok to come talk to me since we are from the same country. I prefer interacting with different people.

Today my daughter came around requesting to go around with her daughter. As I was speaking to her she was pointing fingers to me (as in authorative body language whilst talking). She also admitted being a very overprotective parent and asked her daughter to make her some tea.

My daughter is on the continued list for the secondary school where her daughter attends as it is a very good school but feeling a bit uncomfortable already but not sure if I have to compromise simply because of her. Her daughter is catholic but they move

Its really off the hook. I myself have come to know a lot about controlling people as I moved away from a long term abusive relationship with my ex. I am also in counselling.

There is an option for me to attend a different service earlier, which would immediately stop all this. My daughter will also get to meet new friends.

This is really giving me a bit of a headache. What can I do ?

CaoNiMao Mon 26-Oct-15 08:25:38

Attend the earlier service!

Floundering Mon 26-Oct-15 08:30:30

Attend the earlier service & without making a fuss, just always be busy or talking to someone else if your paths cross a cheery wave & walk away.

RedMapleLeaf Mon 26-Oct-15 08:41:00

I'm a bit confused by this thread. Did you just need to get it all of your chest?

DoreenLethal Mon 26-Oct-15 08:42:54

There is an option for me to attend a different service earlier, which would immediately stop all this.

Well, do that then. Problem solved.

Stinkilinky Mon 26-Oct-15 08:48:28

Your post has also confused me. I don't really see this as a problem, but that's just me. If you don't like the situation then attend an earlier service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now