Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Things are going well..but

(4 Posts)
youngman23 Sun 25-Oct-15 19:34:51

Hey posted a few times on here recently, partner split with me about 6 weeks ago.

But 5 weeks into the split we both decided we should try again, as we love everything about each other and are great together, agreed that we kinda split up over some stupid reasons and there are people in worse places than us!

Anyway the last week and a bit have been going great, spent 2 nights away together, ive noticed the way she acts around me is totally different, she is really loving towards me and very affectionate, its like having my old girlfriend back!

But here is the but

I have found myself holding back the way i feel about her, not showing to much affection towards her, absoultly love her, and really want this to work, i guess i have put my guard up a bit just incase, is this normal?

donajimena Sun 25-Oct-15 21:47:33

Completely. A little piece of you dies when this happens. Its as if you are waiting to be dumped again.
This happened to me and when eventually did let my guard down sadly I did get dumped again.
I think looking back he wanted to be with me as it was better than him being on his own (possibly an opportunity he was hoping to explore didn't pan out)
I have told myself that if it ever happens again I wouldn't take them back.

goddessofsmallthings Sun 25-Oct-15 22:04:57

Completely normal.

I remember your earlier posts. Keep your guard up and it wouldn't hurt to let her know that, having tilted your world on its axis, she's no longer at the absolute centre of it.

youngman23 Sun 25-Oct-15 22:15:40

Yeah i thought it was normal, she knows i have it up and she understands why i have it up, im gonna just go with it, i know her to well, if she didnt want it to work she would of blocked me out of her life, her eords too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: