Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I won my financial legal battle !!

(14 Posts)
Gladiator16 Sat 24-Oct-15 18:32:09

Just thought I'd let you know I won the financial hearing
I got exactly what I wanted and I do believe the judge actually felt pity for me .
I represented myself however , did hire a barrister to speak on my behalf .
So I got all the equity in matrimonial home , the right to sell at the guided price of the agent .
Basically I can buy a new house outright as I am unable to get a mortgage due to debt incurred by legal bills .
Not bad result considering two days before final hearing my dh contacted courts and requested adjournment !!!! They said it was only going to be a directions hearing but the judge I believe realised it needed to end as I was broken .
They even processed my decree and nisi at the same hearing .
What a great result !!!
I'm so excited for the future I can actually relax and eat without that fear of omg what's next .
So anyone about to reach financial final hearing do have faith some judges can smell a rat from a mile away
Thank you for your support everyone xxx

AliceInUnderpants Sat 24-Oct-15 18:35:18

Congratulations

ImperialBlether Sat 24-Oct-15 18:36:30

Fantastic! So you can put your house up for sale and buy another? Will you need a mortgage on the new house or will you be able to buy outright?

DoreenLethal Sat 24-Oct-15 18:36:51

Top banana OP.

LindyHemming Sat 24-Oct-15 18:44:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Sat 24-Oct-15 18:47:36

You thought you couldn't do it because you believed that you were "mentally and physically broken".

But you weren't, and you aren't! How brave you are. How very, very brave.

Very, very well done! "Congratulations" doesn't quite cover it.

Please, now go on to enjoy a happy life of FREEDOM

Hobbitwife001 Sat 24-Oct-15 19:01:08

Many, many, congratulations, OP, it's so good to hear a positive outcome.

Enjoy your freedom in your new mortgage free home.

DH can now crawl back under the rock he came out from.

Inexperiencedchick Sat 24-Oct-15 20:06:42

flowers

Gladiator16 Sat 24-Oct-15 20:31:38

Yep I'm going to be able to afford a house mortgage free !!
I can regain control as the judge ordered an extensive list that my dh has to adhere to .
I made him agree to sign interest only payment to mortgage company in case house takes while to sell !!! He was livid lol
If he doesn't keep his promise there is a penalty of up to two years prison .
I know I was right in what I asked for and I do believe it's fair settlement .
He has a mortgage capacity of 100k so with his settlement he can buy a house too .
I will I believe have to go to court to settle contents as he was insisting he had most of furniture .
But I know it's minor thing to have to do
Unbeknown to him half of contents are knackered lol
Washing machine eats clothes
Dryer doesn't work
Dishwasher button fell off
Fridge turned into freezer
Freezer has decided to make random machine gun noises
Sofa has split
To Ottaman bed doesn't lift anymore
Kettle broke
Plates are chipped
Glasses we don't have full set
Lol !!! I'm happy to buy new stuff anyway
So I guess these items I will agree to him having when I sign list lol
So now I'm going to take care of my health , gain some weight , have haircut, new crown on my tooth and some new underwear !!
Going into hospital too as I need operation on my breast .
So I'm free and I'm smiling xxx

Lolimax Sat 24-Oct-15 20:35:57

flowers

cozietoesie Sat 24-Oct-15 20:40:01

smile

RandomMess Sat 24-Oct-15 20:43:33

Fab news so pleased for you flowers x

Homely1 Sat 24-Oct-15 20:59:10

Many congratulations!!! Please can you advise me how you managed/coped/found the strength?

I hope that the breast op is nothing serious? Sounds like you need a break. Hugs xxx

Gladiator16 Sat 24-Oct-15 21:33:21

Homely1
I think I just took each day as it arrived and tried to be kind to myself .
I was probably kind 1 day out of 7 though .
I was really lucky that I had two really fabulous people in my life .
One of them has known me as a child .
They never judged me and let me cry scream shout and they pulled me back together . I was fed and hugged and told that they would always support me regardless.
At times I'd go there to sleep !!!
So if your family are crap don't waste energy trying to get them to help you they won't !
I had belief of karma and I have a really gorgeous little boy who would kiss me , smile and I'd pull myself together ready for the next battle .
At my most desperate I really wanted to end it !
I confided in my friend and she pulled me back into reality .
I was told get your shit together or your son will be taken from you . I'd never done anything to deserve this so if he was taken it would be unfair .
So I had to smile and get on with it
So I tried to focus on good things . There wasn't many but at least there was something .
My weight plummeted my looks deteriorated and my hygiene I'm embarrassed to say wasn't good either .
However, my boy was clean fed and happy . He excelled at school and I made that my focus .
I really think you have to keep telling yourself it will have to come to an end as no matter how difficult your ex will be , it had to end .
I never aired my business on Facebook , didn't trust any joint friends and smiled when ever I was out l
So I looked like a normal mom I wasn't .
I used to eat my sons leftovers !!
So I'm not saying it was easy , it's been horrible but I can hold my head high and look in mirror without guilt .
I never run my dh down to anyone as I don't want to look bitter .
I write lists it keeps me focused
I brush my teeth regardless of how crap I feel
I stay in shower and sing ! It clears my head .
Our ds has been introduced to lots of my music and I laugh when he sings out loud to Alice cooper and beastie boys or elvis !!
So basically I grab a smile from anything that I can
So homely1 stayed focused , your horrible journey will end eventually I hope xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: