Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

need advice about partner

(8 Posts)
clairepf Fri 23-Oct-15 08:03:16

i have been with my partner for more than 2 years now. when we first started dating, he started seeing someone else for about 2 months into our relationship. i found out about this woman 6 months into our relationship. it hurt me a lot and took a while to let go. in as much as i dont think they chat/message , I have asked him to delete her number, he kept deleting the number and after a while he keeps saving it back on his phone. i have confronted him and he keeps saying we have mutual friends blah blah. im now thinking about giving him an ultimatum or maybe leaving him cos emotionally i feel like im back to square one ):

he has 2 children of his own and i have two children from my previous relationship.

is it wrong to give someone an ultimatum and tell them you either remove her contact permanently or im walking out?

donajimena Fri 23-Oct-15 08:06:04

Absolutely not. But then I would have dumped him when I found out he had cheated anyway. Its hard but I think you should end it whether he ditches the number or not
He's not trustworthy

gatewalker Fri 23-Oct-15 08:21:59

I wouldn't be giving him an ultimatum; I'd simply end the relationship right here and now.

In fact, it would have ended after 6 months.

category12 Fri 23-Oct-15 08:43:44

If they don't chat or message, how is he getting her number back again?

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Fri 23-Oct-15 08:46:39

2 years down the line it's far too late to bother with an ultimatum. If he respected you enough he would have done it the first time.

Only1scoop Fri 23-Oct-15 08:56:11

He's already proved he's a liar and deceiver and happy to disrespect you by insisting on having her number.
Probably contacts her too.

summerwinterton Fri 23-Oct-15 09:18:08

I would have dumped him at the beginning too. Why do you think you deserve so little from this excuse of a man. And I am sorry to say you will need sti testing too sad

clairepf Fri 23-Oct-15 09:52:51

thank you all for your replies. yes i think i definitely left it too late. I have now let him know this morning that i think its best we go our separate ways and ideally i would like like to move out of the house, this way i can find a place near my sons school. he hasn't responded yet though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now