Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Any used arbitration in a divorce?

(4 Posts)
Aroundthebend Wed 21-Oct-15 22:35:33

The financial settlement is a complete nightmare, my soon to be exH is obsessive over money and has been and is very very controlling, in mediation he presented what settlement he wanted and has refused to change from his position, he has lied and covered up savings and told significant lies over his financial disclosure and has refused to disclose some assets as he said they were from pre marriage, I have been completely open throughout, and disclosed absolutely everything. I have said that I only want the settlement to be fair, he only wants it to be fair to him.
After a year of my solicitors trying to negotiate and gain full disclosure, it is looking like court will be the only option as he thinks he is above the law! I have spent a fortune in legal costs, and know that the court costs will be immense.
Today I have been reading about arbitration and wondered if this might be an alternative to court? But considering he has refused to do a full disclosure to the mediator or the solicitors and blatantly lied, should I just opt to go straight to court?

eggsforbreakfasttoday Thu 14-Jan-16 12:29:51

I'm just bumping this thread up, has anyone had any experience with using arbitration in divorce?

cupcakesandwine Thu 14-Jan-16 19:42:49

No but it sounds as if you need the court powers to force disclosure. TBH I think it would be false economy to do anything other than go to court right now.

HamptonFamilyArbitration Mon 10-Oct-16 22:39:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now