Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Guy mood swings.

(10 Posts)
Realityfirst Tue 20-Oct-15 17:25:59

I work with a guy, he used to be very pleasant always smiling and happy, that was about twelve months ago but over some period of time he has changed. He has become more quiet (he's shy anyway) and he has days where it seems he's angry or upset and moody and just not the person he is. He seems more distant now, but he seems better dependant on who he is around sometimes? Maybe it's me? He has days where he is great, smiles, talks and laughing then the next day he will be totally diferent. He will come into work, with his head down avoiding eye contact and just seem quiet, moody and cold.
I don't know what to think? Am I taking it to personal?
He can be quite withdrawn sometimes so he seems difficult to approach, plus I'm also shy.
Any advice? What's wrong with him? Is it me?

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Tue 20-Oct-15 17:29:02

Why would you thing it's you? He could have any personal or mental health stuff going on

Realityfirst Tue 20-Oct-15 17:56:17

Because he seemed quiet and moody when speaking to me. He can be like this on and off. On that day he was also still polite to me, like saying thankyou and you're welcome etc. He also seemed at one point seem to appear very anxious talking about a job, his throat went dry when he was talking, and he came across as nervous and anxious.he seemed stressed, quite unusual behaviour. Someone even told him to calm himself down.
Also another thing a couple of days before he came into work dressed smarter than usual which was out of the ordinary..

Fintan Tue 20-Oct-15 18:08:13

I believe you want someone to tell you that he's like this because he's attracted to you.
I think it's more that he's a moody sort. He could have alsorts going on in his personal life, I really doubt that his moods are about you.

M00nUnit Tue 20-Oct-15 18:20:02

If he's a close friend then you should be able to ask him if anything's wrong. If you're not a close friend and can't ask him then you've no way of knowing. We can't possibly tell you what's "wrong" with him either.

Maybe he came into work dressed more smartly than usual because he was going out after work, or because he was going for a job interview. None of your business really.

psychotropic Tue 20-Oct-15 19:29:25

Do you fancy him? Are you projecting a bit?

molyholy Tue 20-Oct-15 20:59:10

This is very similar to a thread on the boards now. Quite similar writing styles too. You don't sound like you are very close to this person, so I would just back away and leave him alone. You may be making him more anxious if he feels you are analysing his behaviour.

Scremersford Wed 21-Oct-15 11:47:13

Still paying too much attention to things that don't concern you at work. Try to keep your mind on your job. Its weird to pay that much attention to another employee, whether you pretend to be a female or not.

Be careful you don't end up on a disciplinary for sexual harassment.

RiceCrispieTreats Wed 21-Oct-15 12:06:24

Find something that concerns you to focus your mind on: a new hobby, volunteer work,...

His mood swings are his own issue. Leave him to it. What have you to gain by fantasizing about what is going on inside someone else's head?

Ifyourawizardwhydouwearglasses Wed 21-Oct-15 12:14:25

Why do you care? Can't you just get on with your own work?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: