Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Have I creeped her out, avoiding walking past me?

(61 Posts)
Apprac Thu 15-Oct-15 19:28:08

Im guessing she finds me creepy or similar? A girl seems to deliberatly avoid walking past me. she's done it in the past by which i mean she speeds up to avoid us passing. she also reaches out when passing something almost like a nervous thing so she can turn away quickly and walk away. Another time she walked past and looked down and fiddled with the zip on her jacket then she deliberatly avoided walking past me by going the long way around. Iam attracted to her maybe she dont feel the same obviously lol
somedays she avoids eye contact like looks the other way when i look at her, when I look at her she won't look at me. But then today she was totally different talking with full eye contact but she still looks at this other guy much more and avoids me when in conversation. Anyway later that day I did stare at her a few times, in which I mean I looked at her obviously she saw me but didn't look backend generally looked at the floor. After this she changed. She walked past once messing with the zip on her jacket, then walked the long way round to avoid walking past me. At the end of the day she was around but she was facing the opposite way as I said goodbye, she replied. she moved again i could see her looking at the other guy whilst waving to him, she then carried on the direction i was going waved to me but didn't even look at me, but just looked elsewhere whilst she put her hand up. I find this quite rude? She doesn't seem to have a problem looking at the other guy, but like even in conversation she will very rarely look at me as if I don't exist.
Girls, should I just back away and avoid looking at her completely?

BSites Thu 15-Oct-15 19:30:46

Yes.

molyholy Thu 15-Oct-15 19:31:44

Eh confused

SmokingGun Thu 15-Oct-15 19:32:45

I love OP's that even after reading 3 times, you still have absolutely no idea what's going grin

Imgivinguponyou Thu 15-Oct-15 19:32:54

If you think you have creeped her out, you probably have.

molyholy Thu 15-Oct-15 19:33:30

Sounds like she is scared of you. Leave the poor girl alone.

FrozenPonds Thu 15-Oct-15 19:33:45

Are you a human bollard or something!?

Why are you standing around watching her all the time?

ShamefulUsername Thu 15-Oct-15 19:35:04

Are you 12?

loveyoutothemoon Thu 15-Oct-15 19:37:19

I had a wierdo hanging around the other day, was it you?

pinkyredrose Thu 15-Oct-15 19:45:52

Is it half term?

Arfarfanarf Thu 15-Oct-15 19:49:52

I think it's clear that she is not comfortable.

How come you see her so much? you know her? Do you work together or are you at the same educational establishment?

If you have to interact with her on a daily basis, the mature thing to do would be to say excuse me, I have noticed some tension and I am concerned I have inadvertently upset you.

and see if there's anything she wants to tell you about.

If otoh, she's just someone you pass in the street then yes, just ignore her and go about your day.

SoleBizzzz Thu 15-Oct-15 19:50:06

کرکٹکوڑا

Apprac Thu 15-Oct-15 19:57:02

I work with her. I feel really bad, I only look at her when she's walking towards me or im walking past her, isn't that the curious thing to do? But she looks as if I'm maybe judging her or soemthing even Abit embarrased. The last thing I want is to make her uncomfortable. I have seen her looking or glancing at me from a far previously, if I'm in a different room or soemthing but when up close she's like this. She aberts her eyes very often. For example myself and another guy will walk into the room, she seems to look at him no problem, when I look at her she looks away. It doesn't make myself feel great tbh because I'm left thinking what I have done. Maybe the best thing to do is not look at her at all?

Inexperiencedchick Thu 15-Oct-15 20:05:08

maybe she likes you back, and feels embarrassed and uncomfortable when you look at her...

I don't think she has intention of being rude towards you...

she just doesn't feel the same way as with the other guy.
because the other guy is probably not looking at her as a man to a woman but just as a co-worker.

reni2 Thu 15-Oct-15 20:45:09

I'm creeped out just reading this.

Arfarfanarf Thu 15-Oct-15 20:48:25

Have you posted about this before? Thats not a go at you or anything :D It sounds familiar that's all. It feels like you're hinting for people to suggest she's attracted to you. Are you?

Apprac Thu 15-Oct-15 21:01:06

No Iam not hinting at all. How could she even like me when acting like this. I'm genuinely concerned that I make her uncomfortable. I thought it might be just in my head and that is why I asked. It does bother me because I like her but I'm concerned my persona is creeping her out. I'm shy myself so it doesn't help.

CactusAnnie Thu 15-Oct-15 21:05:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 15-Oct-15 21:09:11

I started fiddling with my zip reading the op. You just have that effect on women.

reni2 Thu 15-Oct-15 21:12:56

I think it possibly is just in your head, but you are probably showing it. I find it creepy just reading it as I said.

spidergurl Thu 15-Oct-15 21:14:35

Tbh it's just me maybe but I would be more likely to act like this if I like a guy and am shy.

CactusAnnie Thu 15-Oct-15 21:50:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Scarletforya Thu 15-Oct-15 21:55:43

You sound overly fixated on her. She's probably noticed.

Best thing to do is try to stop focusing on her so much.

And you don't know she's walking the long way to 'avoid you'. It's probably nothing to do with you. You need to stop obsessing and watching her.

Atenco Thu 15-Oct-15 22:04:24

I don't think it's very helpful to encourage the Op by suggesting that she might be attracted to him.

Based on what he's posted, I'd say that's highly unlikely

Sorry OP, but why do you stare at her? that is the most creepy thing you do.

Apprac Thu 15-Oct-15 22:29:11

Only when I'm walking past her or she's walking towards me, to see if she actually gives me eye contact. It makes me feel more comfortbale to initiate talking to her, but the thing is she won't look me in the eyes in these situations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now