Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Put downs

(2 Posts)
Atitagain2015 Wed 14-Oct-15 09:10:15

Why do men have to put women down? I don't understand it. There's been a long running saga with this one in my marriage. Who owns what. It is so odd. It used to be its my house etc.etc. I was his house before I met him yes and yes I always contributed etc. We are married! The crux of it is that I thought when you came into a marriage you both pooled together and built up. Not so here. This is mine. You have nothing. I could furnish the whole house and pay for a new kitchen yet I'll hear the same story during an argument the next week. Is it to belittle me? I've had enough and don't think I will ever be on the same page as him with this.

summerwinterton Wed 14-Oct-15 09:13:09

Yes it is to belittle and bully. And he is wrong. If you are married it is half yours.

Why are you still with such a nasty piece of work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now