Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Serious Crushes

(2 Posts)
YesAnastasia Tue 13-Oct-15 22:34:59

I have form in this area. Before the DC, I would develop crushes on men/boys and whip myself into a frenzy about them. I'd get a bit obsessive actually.

Anyway, massive libido dip during 2 pregnancies & young children has taken away almost all the desire (and energy) for that kind of nonsense... until now.

I have just found out current crush is married with 2 children. All looks lovely & rosy in their lives and they seem really happy & I'm gutted. Massively. I loved the IDEA of an affair.

What is wrong with me? I have a huge crush going on here even though I have an OK marriage and a happy life myself. Does anyone else do this? Am I going to ruin my marriage one day with this silliness? Why do I do this?

noclueses Wed 14-Oct-15 23:25:55

possibly you are just not monogamous by mature, OP, not everyone is made for commitment, some prefer drama/excitement even though short- lived. If you have dc and won't leave your marriage (your H can't be happy with this), then I don't even know what to suggest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now