Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Married man asking questions about my sexual habits

(193 Posts)
bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:16:34

This is dodgy isn't it? I've known him since we were children. Would you assume he was up to something?

pinkyredrose Sun 04-Oct-15 12:18:03

Definitely dodgy. Have you asked him why he wants to know?

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:22:55

He says he's interested in what other people do. Also questions about my underwear. As I say I have known him a really long time and he seems keen to make clear he's not up to anything - he loves his wife etc but it seems inappropriate to me.

mrstweefromtweesville Sun 04-Oct-15 12:23:21

Dodgy.
Review your relationship. Has he been trying to get closer to you for a while? Is he reaching desperation point?

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:25:58

He has been messaging me on Facebook. At first it seems friendly but the conversation always goes onto sex.

TheStoic Sun 04-Oct-15 12:26:02

Just doing some market research, is he?

Do you answer?

If you don't like it, tell him so in no uncertain terms.

MissMarpleCat Sun 04-Oct-15 12:27:54

Definitely dodgy, block him.

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:28:05

it sounds like I need to avoid further conversation then.

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:28:48

I can't block him because our parents are friends and his sister is one of my oldest friends.

MissMarpleCat Sun 04-Oct-15 12:30:04

Very likely he's getting off on your responses. He's a voyeuristic perve using you for sexual gratification. Yuck.

TheStoic Sun 04-Oct-15 12:31:27

I can't block him because our parents are friends and his sister is one of my oldest friends.

You can do whatever you like. You're a grown up.

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:32:36

Well the main thing that bothers me is that he's married. If I was in a relationship with a man who was doing this I'd be angry. And he has young DC

tribpot Sun 04-Oct-15 12:33:22

You can't block him on Facebook because you're friends with his sister? What's he going to do, complain to her?

My best friend is a guy and no way would we discuss something like this. Urgh.

noblegiraffe Sun 04-Oct-15 12:35:30

Tell him you'll be sending his messages to his wife to see what she thinks of them if he continues?

OldCrowMedicineShow Sun 04-Oct-15 12:38:00

He sounds decidedly creepy, OP.

Block him on Facebook and avoid him in real life. It is none of his business what you wear, your sexual habits, etc. You obviously feel uncomfortable with him, has he been doing this for a long time?

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:39:03

Yes I suppose you're right. Im really surprised at him - he always seemed normal. Do a lot of men behave this way? sad

BIWI Sun 04-Oct-15 12:39:53

Take charge! Stand up to him and tell him it's nothing to do with him, and ask him why he is asking you such inappropriate questions. I'm shocked that you have to even ask if this is dodgy.

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:39:53

No, he does it on and off but in the past it was much more subtle

BIWI Sun 04-Oct-15 12:40:27

What on earth do you think his wife would say if she saw his posts? And how much have you actually engaged in these conversations?

OldCrowMedicineShow Sun 04-Oct-15 12:40:27

No boden, most men don't behave this way. Not the ones that I know anyway.

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:43:31

If I was his wife I know what I would say! I think he does it when she's out.

He then said 'oh I'm not asking in a sexual way'

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:45:11

He asked me if I wear skinny jeans. And then it ended up other things like he wants a lot etc. Interspersed with normal conversation

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:45:58

Wanks

MissMarpleCat Sun 04-Oct-15 12:46:18

You can either tell him to fuck off and mind his own business or you'll tell his wife and sister
Or
Ignore him

bodenbiscuit Sun 04-Oct-15 12:47:45

Ok, I'll just ignore him from now on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now