Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

i am being to needy

(3 Posts)
youngman23 Sat 12-Sep-15 22:26:58

Hello everyone im just after some advice,

So me and my girlfriend have been together for 2 and half years now, last year we decided to move into together, it was the best year of are life, we was renting, as we was coming to the end of the year we both decided we would by a house together, after a couple of weeks looking we found a house!

This is when the problems started, i was under so much stress i started to get depressed, as you can guess this had a knock on afect on are relationship, we was both looking at are lives and thinking we havent done the nice things yet, we are both 22, so my missus always thought it was me and the house or nothing at all, so she decided she wanted to break up with me, but i thought for our relationship after having a 4 hour discusion we came out of it as a couple, we both love each other and want to be with each other.

We had discussed alot and both agreed that for the last 2 years we had been joined at the hip and done everything together which was not healthy, so i moved home and so did she,

At the moment i am being very needy( never been needy before) and im not giving my girlfriend the space she needs, she has told me a few times now that the more i push the more she pulls back, ive been so used to being with my girlfriend for 2 years i just miss her now, we dont see each other for a few days but whwn we do see each pther ots great we have a great time

So need some advice on how not to be needy, bloody texting lol

torontonian Sat 12-Sep-15 22:32:29

For a healthy relationship each of you need your own space, you can't spend 24/7 together. Go out with your friends, find a hobby, read, exercise... build a life of your own.

youngman23 Sat 12-Sep-15 22:37:26

Thats the hard thing tho, my missus was always the clingey one, now she wants her own space, which is fine but i find myself texting her all the time becausevi seem to miss her lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now