Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sad-How to make it through the weekend?!

(12 Posts)
hullabaloo234 Fri 11-Sep-15 10:59:44

I'm so sad and hurt by DP - it's his birthday on Sunday and we are spending the weekend with his family. How do I get through the weekend without falling apart?! Not going really isn't ab option unfortunately sad

BifsWif Fri 11-Sep-15 11:03:04

What's making you sad about it?

WhatTheJeffHasGoneOnHere Fri 11-Sep-15 11:11:53

Is there some sort of backstory to this? confused

hullabaloo234 Fri 11-Sep-15 11:22:12

hrs done something hurtful, and I can hardly stand to look at him he doesn't know that I know and I can't confront him as we are with family all weekend. I just need survival strategies go get me to Sunday night so I don't lose it and breakdown in front of everyone

JonesTheSteam Fri 11-Sep-15 11:26:10

What has he done?

StanSmithsChin Fri 11-Sep-15 11:26:30

It would depend on what the horrible thing is?

If it's he forgot to put the washing on then you need to get over it. If it's you have uncovered an affair, financial fuck up, lost his job then you can't really expect yourself to just suck it up. That's not fair on you and you won't manage it.

Can you fake illness to give yourself the weekend off?

gelwax Fri 11-Sep-15 11:43:40

If you've found out something that bad, then I'd really consider not going. However, if you can't face that or don't want to alert him that you know until you can confront him properly, then take a book and fake a headache or food poisoning. Go upstairs and read for as much as possible. Maybe make a little list of topics you can use for small talk with his family, so you don't have to talk to him as far as possible. Sorry you're in such a horrible situation.

hullabaloo234 Fri 11-Sep-15 11:56:44

Yes illness might work, but we have a small baby. I wish it was not putting the washing on. The saying ignorance is bliss is so true. This time on Wednesday I was so happy he was coming home, now I'm having to hide in the kitchen looking busy because every time he so much as looks at me I want to cry/throw up/scream.

Thanks for your help

BifsWif Fri 11-Sep-15 11:59:47

Has he cheated op? If so, save yourself the pain and don't go. Confront him and let him deal with his family.

WhatTheJeffHasGoneOnHere Fri 11-Sep-15 12:01:10

I take it he's cheated or something? Do you have to be brave? Can you just say fuck it and confront him? He doesn't deserve you putting a brave face on.

hullabaloo234 Fri 11-Sep-15 12:20:52

I would love to, but no, I really do have to put a brave face on. Thanks all. We are leaving soon, will pretend to sleep in the car and "come down with something" later tonight.

BifsWif Sat 12-Sep-15 15:31:57

Hope you're ok today OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now