Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

People who use London transport trains and tubes

(23 Posts)
Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 12:24:11

Ok, married with 3 kids. Relationship issues for quite a long time. No access to his phone or pc,(never have and have never tried) I don't use the tubes or trains myself so have no idea.
Anyway was sifting through some stuff before and found some train tickets. H usually gets train between Blackheath and central. His tickets state 'between Blackheath and London terminals' Anyway, I found quite a few over past year between London terminals and Woolwich Dockyard. Don't have any contacts or anything over there and no reason for him to be there (that I know of)
Would this ring alarm bells or s there a perfectly innocent explanation do you think?
He never uses bus from what I know of?

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 12:26:12

Ps, they all say between London terminals and WD not the other way round?

HarrietVane99 Sun 06-Sep-15 12:41:59

There have been changes to train services on those lines this year due to on going work at London Bridge. Possibly his journey has been affected.

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 12:49:43

Thanks Harriet. I've found them from about March - October 14 but can't find any of the more recent.

LockedBox Sun 06-Sep-15 12:54:57

are they singles or returns?

There have been works at London Bridge [groan] but I can't think of any reason why the end destination would be any different TBH. He must have been buying tickets to go to Woolwich for whatever reason.

LockedBox Sun 06-Sep-15 12:56:11

I expect he has an Oyster card/bank card now though? Which would be why you're not able to find other "hard copies" of tickets

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 13:01:28

Yes, he has an oyster card and one other card but didn't get time to read it. No more 'tickets' though.
They are 'season tickets'. Not sure if return? Just says between London terminals and WD

LockedBox Sun 06-Sep-15 13:15:16

He's was going to Woolwich Dockyards then - unless he has randomly picked up tickets off the floor or has been given tickets by someone (but I don't know why that could be)

You can see all journeys recently made on an Oyster card through their website if the card has been registered. It will require his email address and password to get into his oyster account. I'm not saying you should try and do this - after all these tickets you have found are quite old now. Is it possible he could have been working in WD for any reason, or does he have friends/family in the area?

ToGoBoldly Sun 06-Sep-15 13:18:37

If it's a season ticket it's valid both ways during the period. Does he drive to the station? Maybe it's easier to park or get on a train in Woolwich?

Do you live in Blackheath? If not he may have been trialling a different commute, they're slightly different lines. I don't think any detective work will help you though, there are so many possible explanations that all you can do is ask him. It's not necessarily something to ring alarm bells.

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 13:26:12

No, he works near Moorgate. Never any mention of otherwise. His working hours have been an issue. He's usually out by 6am and often not back until 9 even 10. Other times not so bad at around 7. I've always just though he was a workaholic and never questioned anything else!

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 13:28:19

No, he doesn't drive to station, he walks

Lemonfizzypop Sun 06-Sep-15 14:11:05

It would seem odd to me.

EeyoresTail Sun 06-Sep-15 14:17:03

Why does he start his journey at Blackheath normally?
So he walks to Blackheath?
There is such a distance from Blackheath to Woolwich Dockyard I can't see why the change. Very odd

oldaninpurple Sun 06-Sep-15 14:22:12

I'd just ask.... "Honey, what's in Woolwich, that had you going there so often last year?" and watch his response, but that's just me smile

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 14:23:56

We live down the road from Blackheath (SE12) Lee is nearer but he prefers to walk.

LockedBox Sun 06-Sep-15 14:24:51

WD is beyond Blackheath on the train line so for him to be trialling a new commute doesn't really make sense as his ticket doesn't extend that far and he would have had to pay more to get there.

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 14:26:31

We don't leave in Blackheath. He walks from SE12 .
Does that make any more sense?

LockedBox Sun 06-Sep-15 14:26:37

He probably walks to Blackheath because it has two lines running into it so more trains available for him to catch.

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 14:27:09

He used to get train from lee which is closer

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 14:27:52

Oh ok

YogaPants Sun 06-Sep-15 14:30:48

When I purchased my season ticket, the ticket clerk told me that for my home station they recommend buying the season ticket for one station further out than where I would normally get off. The ticket was the same price but gave me an extra three ways to make the commute it one train line was down as it was valid both ways around a loop and on a slightly different but parallel line.

Frecklesandspecs Sun 06-Sep-15 15:29:18

Yes, that makes sense Yoga, it's a different line but somehow joined up. So you can get off at any station before even if not a direct route?

YogaPants Sun 06-Sep-15 19:12:48

Yes, you can get off at any stop in between with a season ticket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now