Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this married woman (with kids) flirting? If so, why?

(8 Posts)
Earthshade Wed 02-Sep-15 20:25:18

I have a part-time job as a gardener for a lovely couple with children. They seem very happy, and are always cheerful when I see them together. However, when I am alone with the man's wife, she does strange things. The other day she asked if she could look into my eyes to see what colour they were and focussed in on them for a good three minutes, which was a little embarrassing. She also goes on about how nice my teeth are, my hair, how I am always smiling, how she bets I am really fit etc. She was rubbing my arm a few weeks ago for no reason, and likes to purposefully flutter her eyelids and look up at me with a naughty-girl glance. She also remembers everything I tell her about myself, even the tiny things most other people forget or ignore. Am I just imagining this? Or is she flirting with me, and if so, why? I am a lonley, single man, and have been for several years, so this sort of behaviour is somewhat troubling to understand. Thank you.

InTheBox Wed 02-Sep-15 20:31:24

Lonely enough to start 5 threads.
If you are genuine then leave well alone as it will not end well. If you aren't then tis September now so school starts soon.

MrsMummyPig Wed 02-Sep-15 20:34:25

Three minutes of staring into someone's eyes is a very long time and somewhat creepy, if this is genuine I would think she was unhinged and steer clear.

pocketsaviour Wed 02-Sep-15 20:37:15

She sounds more like a serial killer TBH. "How nice your teeth and hair are, Earthshade... They will look wonderful when I turn you into a mask... "

MorrisZapp Wed 02-Sep-15 20:38:57

I always keep a stopwatch handy so I know how long gardeners are gazing in my eyes.

Otherwise I just lose track.

LovesPeace Wed 02-Sep-15 20:41:45

Thank God it was only three minutes!
Another 30 secs you'd have been in an ice bath minus your liver.

Ride your mower like the wind!

goddessofsmallthings Wed 02-Sep-15 20:50:06

Is your surname Mellors and are you growing skunk cucumbers and melons in your employer's greenhouse?

Lonely single man? Find an unattached woman and gaze into her eyes without fear of a bloody nose from an irate husband.

I shall now set about reporting all of your duplicate posts which doubtless came about because you are an attention seeker unusually heavy handed.

0dfod Thu 03-Sep-15 11:40:34

She clearly finds your golden penis almost godlike and has an altar with your hair and fingernail clippings as the centre piece hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now