Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

End of relationship - so hard.

(4 Posts)
ComtesseDeSpair Sun 23-Aug-15 19:26:49

I'm moving to London tomorrow - new job, new flat, new life. The plan originally was for me to move down, DP would join me in a few months when he found a job, we'd spend weekends together in the meantime. But last night we had an awful argument - he started it but I didn't exactly cover myself in glory, I'm ashamed and regret it. That's us finished, for good.

Our relationship was often unhappy. Sex life poor. Lots of arguments over nothing, made worse by his sulking and spitefulness, my hysteria and inability to let things drop. We just seemed to rub each other up the wrong way a lot. But we did have good times together, best friends, did practically everything together, and despite it all genuinely loved each other.

I feel so unbelievably sad and scared. It should be easier that I'm leaving so soon - but it also feels like all my security, familiarity and everything I rely on has been pulled from under me.

Things will be okay eventually, I know that. I've gotten over other break-ups, just as painful. We will both be happier. But right now I just feel like half my insides have been torn out and I've lost my best friend. I don't know if anything will ever fill this hole.

misslemonsfilingcabinet Sun 23-Aug-15 20:38:12

Oh Comptesse, didn't want to read and run. I have lost/left a few relationship at a time when my job moved a lot. It hurt! I used to feel worse because everything seemed to be taken at once, the security of the familiar and the comfort blanket of a relationship. However, I think ultimately it's easier to be the one who moves on as you don't have the reminders to the same exert. If you possibly can treat it as a new start, new job, new friends, new experiences in the big smoke. Hugs, it's so hard brew flowers

Londonmummy01 Sun 23-Aug-15 23:24:36

Comtesse I could have written this almost, we just haven't broke up yet as neither one can say it but we know that it's time. It hurts so much, not sure at all what I will do hmm.
Stay strong and try and stay focused on your new beginnings. Hugs x

Iflyaway Sun 23-Aug-15 23:38:22

My relationship just ended too...

And so did previous ones.

Honestly, from what you describe, moving to London is your best bet!

Embrace your new life, give thanks for the other one, and GO for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now