Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

frustrating friend, am i over reacting

(10 Posts)
charlie167 Wed 19-Aug-15 13:45:54

to cut a long story sort of short, i have just made friends with a girl (two months ago) we get on really well and have loads in common, my problem is another friend of mine who has done nothing but slag off this girl and her family is now suddenly trying to worm her way in on our friendship bu inviting the other friend out on shopping trips etc and then later telling me what a wonderfull time they have had etc. the girl ive been friends with the longest is not to be trusted by a mile , she is sly and two faced and thinks she is gods gift to the world and i have told my new friend this, am i wrong to feel hurt that they are starting to get pally?

iknowimcoming Wed 19-Aug-15 13:47:20

Ummmm ....... Are you 13?

UrethraFranklin1 Wed 19-Aug-15 13:55:42

Yes, I'm presuming you are all 12?

Optimist1 Wed 19-Aug-15 14:04:08

Don't worry; when school starts again in a few weeks' time you can find yourself a new friend.

Jackie0 Wed 19-Aug-15 14:08:52

I just want to give you a hug and make you a hot chocolate .
You'll look back on it all and laugh , honestly .
We were all young once.

pocketsaviour Wed 19-Aug-15 15:47:30

the girl ive been friends with the longest is not to be trusted by a mile , she is sly and two faced and thinks she is gods gift to the world

Then why are you friends with her??

CalleighDoodle Wed 19-Aug-15 15:56:06

Tbh ive had issues like this when i was in my 30s! I cut them off immmediately now. Dont waste my time.

Atenco Wed 19-Aug-15 20:28:02

the girl ive been friends with the longest is not to be trusted by a mile , she is sly and two faced and thinks she is gods gift to the world

If this is how you talk about your friends, you are well matched

ARV1981 Wed 19-Aug-15 20:44:57

Maybe it's time you found new friends, only don't introduce them to the old friends who are "sly and two faced".

It all sounds very juvenile, but apparently these things do happen in adult friendship groups as well as high school. It's why I don't get too involved with groups.

Smilingforth Wed 19-Aug-15 23:26:48

It's almost as though this is a teenage novel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now