Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

can someone just talk to me a while please....

(16 Posts)
itwillbeokimsure Sun 16-Aug-15 14:10:21

anything random, it doesn't matter. Im trying not to have a panic attack. Ive just come out of an abusive relationship and im not doing too well. I have epilepsy and I suffer badly with anxiety. If I get too wound up theres a chance I'll have a fit. I don't have many friends and I cant get out of the house.

FannyFifer Sun 16-Aug-15 14:12:45

Well done for coming out of an abusive relationship. You are clearly a strong women even if it doesn't feel that way just now.
I'm at work just now, my client is asleep so having a wee cuppa and s browse on here.

mindyourown15 Sun 16-Aug-15 14:17:25

Have you tried meditation? Headspace is good and free and it really helps when you need to calm down

You have done really well to escape a damaging relationship. No wonder you are struggling.

itwillbeokimsure Sun 16-Aug-15 14:23:41

At work on a Sunday? Im toying with the idea of a roast (in a fashion), I couldn't get any shopping properly (too scared to go on my own, idiot that I am). I managed the local shop though so its going to be chops for dinner. My little one is a fussy bugger and wont eat meat so it wont be any different for her, apologies for the rubbish typing, im on a brand new computer. Im only used to my old faithful!

itwillbeokimsure Sun 16-Aug-15 14:27:31

hi myo, I don't think it would help me, its having too much time on my own thinking that makes it worse, distraction is probably better.

ARV1981 Sun 16-Aug-15 14:29:05

Have you any pets? A dog to care for might help get you out and about a bit more. Also big dogs are GREAT protection against abusive men!

You're doing really really well to have left the bastard.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 16-Aug-15 14:33:48

We had a roast today, well sort of. We went to the cinema this morning (Australia here) and saw the Man From U.N.C.L.E. which was pretty good, we thought, and then for some reason DH decided that he wanted roast duck for dinner. Went to the supermarket, no duck. BUT as luck would have it, there was a Chinese barbecue style restaurant just by the supermarket, with whole roast ducks hanging in the window, so we bought one of those.

It was nice - tender - but my god they put a lot of soy sauce into it! The gravy DH made from the juice was so salty! Not sure the boys really enjoyed it - well I know DS2 didn't - and I couldn't force him to eat it because it really was too salty, so for once he got away with not eating his dinner and still having a pudding.

Where are you staying, is it calm there?

itwillbeokimsure Sun 16-Aug-15 14:35:33

I have a dog, he's a pug jr cross, so not very intimidating really smile

itwillbeokimsure Sun 16-Aug-15 14:41:12

I do think sometimes roasts are completely pointless thumbwitch, hours of cooking and faffing about just to feel stuffed, sick, tired and a kitchen that looks like a bombs gone off! I heart my dishwasher, best gadget I ever had!

Kanumoov Sun 16-Aug-15 14:42:04

Our sunday roast is going to be very late and most likely mot very good as I'm not a great cook. It's so still out I sat for about 5 minutes just trying to spot a leave move but all that moved was a robin who flew in and out of the garden briefly.

Kanumoov Sun 16-Aug-15 14:42:41

Typing too fast but hopefully that made sense!

ARV1981 Sun 16-Aug-15 14:44:34

Ahhh the dishwasher... or as my dh affectionately calls it "the magic cupboard"

Glad you have a dog! Lots of doggie cuddles are good I find when emotional. Dogs are so understanding.

itwillbeokimsure Sun 16-Aug-15 14:54:09

arggh no, hes a pain. He's five but still a baby. I decorated the lounge just before Christmas and he's scraped the paint off the window ledge keep jumping up. He mouths off at everyone, people, cats, flies! Yet he's scared of everything and not very bright either. I throw a ball and he watches it until it hits him in the face THEN he runs after it! grin

glasshouses88 Sun 16-Aug-15 15:08:41

I wish you could upload a picture of your dog!!
I'd really love a sausage dog....bit children AND a dog, I'm not sure I could deal!
Just giving you a cyber high five for leaving, I know from experience (well I'm going through this now) it is extremely hard.
Anyway just to be totally British how's the weather ?!! flowers

winniethewhoo Sun 16-Aug-15 15:25:16

This is just the thread I need at the minute. flowers for you OP. I'm very busy up at the Edinburgh fringe at the minute so no roast for me... I really fancy a lovely home cooked meal with lots of veg envy Your dog sounds fab by the way!

itwillbeokimsure Sun 16-Aug-15 15:26:20

grin the weathers ok. How do you mean, you're going through it? Has he gone? just asking because I was never allowed to use the computer, and he'd KNOW if I touched it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now