Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

In a bit of a rut friend wise, please help!

(12 Posts)
loveyoutothemoon Sat 15-Aug-15 20:34:42

Anyone have any ideas as to where I can meet new friends. I mean on my own, in my spare time, when I don't have my children?

I am happily single just want to meet new friends. I'm not a drinker and don't go to pubs and clubs any more.

Thanks.

Wishful80smontage Sat 15-Aug-15 20:38:04

Have you met friends through your children you could then see socially?
If not 'meet up' is supposed to be good for connecting with bigger groups quiz nights, meals, nights out etc smile

Confused1282 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:42:04

Could you join a group? Like a hobby thing? I'm the same tbh since having my DC I only see one friend and my H works 6 days a week 14 hour shifts! Would love people to hang out with when I'm not at work...

loveyoutothemoon Sat 15-Aug-15 20:42:50

I am friends with one in particular, but we don't connect like I would like. She is very highly strung and feel I dread on egg shells. Another friend makes plans with me but always ends up cancelling/doing as she pleases.

Is 'meet up' a website wishful?

Wishful80smontage Sat 15-Aug-15 20:46:45

Yes www.meetup.com/
I've not gone to any but I did look a while ago and lots of groups that look good cinema/book groups and just pub meet ups but busy enough that it wouldn't feel awkward Iyswim smile

loveyoutothemoon Sat 15-Aug-15 20:48:41

I could join a group, not sure what. Nothing too physical as I have a condition which stops me doing too much. Don't think I'm quite ready for knitting yet!

loveyoutothemoon Sat 15-Aug-15 20:49:40

Oh thank you, never heard of that!

Confused1282 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:50:49

Lol, I think there's women's groups around!

Smilingforth Sat 15-Aug-15 23:30:58

If you look hard enough you'll find lots of ops

CrapBag Sat 15-Aug-15 23:49:15

What a great website! I've signed up to a group as I have been looking to meet some new people too. I seem to have a habit of making friends who aren't the best.

AWayToGo Sun 16-Aug-15 00:22:48

meetup.com

vincentaroony Sun 16-Aug-15 00:27:09

I've met 3 lovely friends through meetup.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now