Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ignore him and tell him where to go?!

(12 Posts)
harriet0602 Tue 11-Aug-15 15:17:13

Hey all. At the beginning of the year I got chatting to a guy. We already knew each other (he is a family friend sort of) and we slept together a few times. He asked me out on dates but these never happened - he always cancelled or he would ask me and then never mention again.

It got to the stage where he started to ignore my texts so I stopped speaking to him altogether as I didn't want to be made a fool out of.

In the past two weeks' he has popped back up sending me texts and snapchatting me. He has been texting non-stop (I've kept it friendly) but before he was very distant. I don't know what his game is and if he has decided he is interested again now but do I just leave it and put him off as bad experience? I did really really like him to begin with so it kinda sucks, but I think he treat me like a complete tosser too!

DenzelDog Tue 11-Aug-15 15:20:26

I think it sounds like he feels like some no-strings sex. If you are up for that fine, if not, ignore him...

Jan45 Tue 11-Aug-15 15:20:31

Yip, he's back to see if you are up for being fucked about again, up to you, but it will end up exactly the same as before, he has no real serious intentions towards you, sorry but it's pretty obvious.

goddessofsmallthings Tue 11-Aug-15 15:30:36

You've slept with him 'a few times' but you've never been on a date with him? How did that come about?

If you don't want to be 'made a fool' of again why are you responding to his texts?

harriet0602 Tue 11-Aug-15 15:32:40

Like I said, he is a family friend of a sort and I am being friendly with him. He came to my house a few times and after nights out. It's only annoying because I did like him a lot, but I know he will do the same again. I just wanted another opinion but seems I was right anyway smile

3mum Tue 11-Aug-15 15:37:37

He's not really putting a lot of effort in here is he? Texts and snapchat? My children can generate tons of those without trying. I think he's just trying to keep you warm in case he fancies dropping by for another shag one evening. You can do a lot better!

Jan45 Tue 11-Aug-15 15:43:00

Just remember though, he wasn't being `friendly` to you when he was letting you down all the time, keep that thought in your head.

harriet0602 Tue 11-Aug-15 15:44:58

Jan45 - Oh I know, and because of the situation of him knowing several family members i expected more from him. I guess I'm too nice but nah, he will not be getting sex from me again.

Thanks for replies smile xx

gamerchick Tue 11-Aug-15 15:45:11

Booty call.

He knew you liked him and that he managed to get you into bed with little effort on his side and fancies his chances again. Been there man, tell him to knob off.

goddessofsmallthings Tue 11-Aug-15 16:13:04

Given the little effort required on his part to get you into bed, he obviously sees you as a nothing more than an easy lay.

Stop responding to his texts. If he turns up on your doorstep again, don't fall for any line he's tries to spin you as he'll only be looking to get his leg over without having to get his wallet out.

DrMorbius Tue 11-Aug-15 16:17:45

Like I said, he is a family friend of a sort and I am being friendly with him. He came to my house a few times and after nights out and had some no strings sex.

I don't know what his game is and if he has decided he is interested again Of course he is interested again, he wants more no strings sex, like last time.

BoredAdminGirl Tue 11-Aug-15 16:46:01

He just wants sex

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now