Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

OK so it's over...practical advice needed please

(9 Posts)
glasshouses88 Tue 11-Aug-15 10:00:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pocketsaviour Tue 11-Aug-15 10:09:39

You're not homeless and you mustn't leave your current accommodation, or you'll be seen as intentionally homeless and the council will have no obligation to help you.

You will need to apply for housing benefit and I would think you'll get income support with babby being so young.

You can put in for a transfer to local authority housing in Edinburgh but you won't be priority as you're currently housed.

Ah - just realised things may be slightly different in Scotland, so a phone call to CAB or Shelter might help re your housing.

Do you think your x will pay maintenance for his DC or will you have to get CSA involved?

glasshouses88 Tue 11-Aug-15 10:24:37

glasshouses88 Tue 11-Aug-15 10:26:38

pocketsaviour Tue 11-Aug-15 10:42:45

Do you not get income support if you're at Uni? Sorry I'm a bit rusty on benefits at Uni as my DS didn't go. Is your student loan supposed to cover that?

As you identified, the problem with moving will be getting a landlord who accepts HB - I don't know if that's difficult in Edinburgh? I can certainly understand wanting to be near your family for support.

glasshouses88 Tue 11-Aug-15 10:54:37

Mum4Fergus Tue 11-Aug-15 10:54:42

Can't advise fully but I'm just outside Edin too...there are lots of breakfast and after school clubs in the area to support you with wrap around care, which area will you be?

glasshouses88 Tue 11-Aug-15 11:05:26

glasshouses88 Tue 11-Aug-15 11:07:26

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: