Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to react to threads

(11 Posts)
DorothyL Sat 08-Aug-15 06:04:26

My brother is losing the plot at the mo - messy break up in which I'm more inclined to be on his wife's side. Db very angry about that, and last night we had a lengthy row via whatsapp in which he repeatedly said "you'll suffer the consequences if you do that" "you wait what I'll do" etc

Despite me asking he wouldn't say what he'd do. Would you just ignore or would you do sometging? Dh is not impressed but I'm not sure getting him involved would help.

Cabrinha Sat 08-Aug-15 07:05:34

Well I certainly think his wife is well shot of him!

You've said your piece, it seems, with the whatsapp row. So I'd just walk away from it now. Block him. If he says more, ignore it. If he asks why you're ignoring him, consider telling him you won't speak to someone who threatens you. Then don't.

I'd also screenshot everything.

DrMorbius Sat 08-Aug-15 07:09:09

Even if it was a family member I would want my DW to tell me if anyone threatening her.

ALaughAMinute Sat 08-Aug-15 07:26:29

Why is he threatening you?

DorothyL Sat 08-Aug-15 07:43:41

He's angry that my mum and me are siding with my sil and says to stop or....

ALaughAMinute Sun 09-Aug-15 20:58:38

You are siding with your soon to be ex SIL?

I obviously don't know anything about the circumstances because you haven't said much but I would think twice before siding with your SIL as your actions could have long term consequences. Your DB is obviously very angry, what if he never talks to you again?

If I were you I'd stay out of it.

UnsolvedMystery Sun 09-Aug-15 21:03:19

Can you not just keep out of it?
I don't think it's helpful when friends and relatives start taking sides in a marital breakup

CalleighDoodle Sun 09-Aug-15 22:02:24

Youre siding with your stbxsil for presumably a good and bery serious reason, as otherwise you shouldnt be involved at all, and your brother is reacting with so much anger he is threatening you. Wow. First thing i would do is tell my mum, who would bollock my brother. My dad i cant imagine what he'd do! It must be pretty frightening but i think you need to stop engaging.

DorothyL Sun 09-Aug-15 23:10:04

He never talks to me anyway... And with regards to taking sides, I don't volunteer my views but if I get asked I will say what I think. He started an affair while my sil was battling depression, since he left my sil has struggled massively and my mum has picked up the pieces, I certainly can't condone that and struggle to stay neutral!

goddessofsmallthings Mon 10-Aug-15 00:04:02

If he can behave like this towards his dsis, I dread to think what he was like with his dw.

Are there dc involved?

DorothyL Mon 10-Aug-15 00:10:28

Yes, three.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now