Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Urgent advice needed...

(8 Posts)
urgenthelpmeplease Fri 07-Aug-15 19:57:52

Have NC'd.

Put here for traffic, please be gentle as I genuinely need advice this evening.

DD1 has told me that DS1 has behaved sexually inappropriately towards her today. I don't want to go into anymore detail other than it was verbal and there was no contact. Understandably she is distraught.

DS1 has ASD and gender issues. I am not in anyway making excuses I am just giving you all the facts to keep it all in context. She wants him out of the house and has gone to her Bfs for the weekend and is threatening to move out asap.

What on earth do I do? Do I call SS? Do I call CAHMS? Is there a phone helpline to call? How on earth do I deal with this moving forward?

Thanks in advance..

CarrotVan Fri 07-Aug-15 20:00:07

Call the NSPCC and ask for advice. If either of your kids are under CAMHS care then also call them

Sounds like a very difficult situation for all of you.

pocketsaviour Fri 07-Aug-15 20:01:06

What are their ages?

I would recommend calling the NSPCC for immediate advice.

For further reading/watching, this may be helpful.
www.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/2015/06/05/22341874/savage-love-letter-of-the-day-what-should-the-duggars-have-done

Blue2014 Fri 07-Aug-15 20:02:29

It's a really complex one and one I'm not sure strangers can fully advise on without more detail but it sounds like there is a chance he was accidentally inappropriate. Can you sit down with him and discuss his understanding of what he said. Maybe if your daughter can fully understand his intentions it may help?

NerrSnerr Fri 07-Aug-15 20:04:03

How old are they?

Is there any chance she could have misinterpreted?

urgenthelpmeplease Fri 07-Aug-15 20:11:47

Late teens.

urgenthelpmeplease Fri 07-Aug-15 20:14:25

Late teens. Also have younger DD (15) and I now have huge concerns about leaving them whilst at work.

DS1 due to go to Uni in four weeks.

urgenthelpmeplease Fri 07-Aug-15 20:17:13

Pocket saviour, thank you for the link.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now