Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to save a relationship? What do you suggest??

(5 Posts)
Yvemen Fri 07-Aug-15 19:21:07

Hiya,

I'll make it quick. Me and my OH have had a difficult few months to say the least.

Weve kind of forgotten how to be friends like we used to be and don't show we care and love each other enough which has made us feel quite numb to each other.

Also, we've been arguing alot over the little things and there's been a power struggle and to we've just changed alot as people.

We lost ourselves in our relationship.

We spoke about all of it on the weekend and we feel great because we were brutally honest and got alot off our chests. We have both admitted to each other that we have both considered just breaking up, but twenty think it's worth giving it a shot and really trying to make it work because we haven't forgotten why we love each other and we'd be really distraught if we split.

Sooo...my question to you guys is, what do you suggest are good things to help mend a broken relationship?

Thanks!

pocketsaviour Fri 07-Aug-15 19:29:23

I would start by pledging to do one nice thing each day for each other.

EG person who's home first runs a bath for the other one.
Person who's home last brings dinner with them.
Massage.
Buy the other their favourite bar of chocolate/sandwich/crisps/etc
Just making a cup of tea!

Smorgasboard Fri 07-Aug-15 19:36:03

Get a babysitter if needed and spend some time doing some of the common interests that brought you together in the first place. At least once a month ( or even weekly).

Yvemen Fri 07-Aug-15 20:15:59

I guess it's the little things right. I will try them all, thanks x

Peppasmate Fri 07-Aug-15 23:05:46

Counselling, so you don't repeat the patterns of behaviour that created the issues.

Communication.

Spend time together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now