Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hobbit's Bar is still open.... Still finding it hard.. Part 12 .

(340 Posts)
Hobbitwife001 Thu 06-Aug-15 22:35:20

Well ladies and gentlemen, we're still open for business, this shit is still hard and we are still KOKO ing .....

Jess still finds time to support our endeavours with her Jessagrams...

Let's carry on shall we...

Hobbitwife001 Thu 06-Aug-15 22:37:56

Hopefully, WWK or another clever cat will come along and do links to the other threads, pretty please...

sparklyDMs Thu 06-Aug-15 22:58:11

Thank you Hobbit for our shiny new thread :-)

Click here to see our previous thread..

whyMe2014 Thu 06-Aug-15 22:59:19

Just checking in.

sparklyDMs Thu 06-Aug-15 22:59:48

and for the previous previous thread (part 10) click here...

Hobbitwife001 Thu 06-Aug-15 23:06:13

Thanks sparkly , you are a shining star, < in sparkly DM's >

WellWhoKnew Thu 06-Aug-15 23:39:43

Hello Hobbity-Bobbity you've turned a vomit-inducing green colour! I don't like it. I'm feeling sea sick and I'm only on my secod glass of wie with a feckig cat sat on my heyboard interferig with my typig.

Whe cat as goe I will do liks.

WellWhoKnew Thu 06-Aug-15 23:40:31

And I've turned purple. Cat has departed now...so I shall try and do links.

WellWhoKnew Thu 06-Aug-15 23:42:07

Oh, Sparkly - thanks so much. Much appreciated indeed. Could not read thread properly 'cos an irritating cat was dominating laptop.

How is everyone this mighty fine Thursday?

sparklyDMs Thu 06-Aug-15 23:51:34

Also feeling a bit nauseous from the green and purple, but otherwise still amazingly calm. i've been like this for a week now, hoping it will last a while, can't help but be suspicious that a majorly undignified collapse is just round the corner..

bobs123 Fri 07-Aug-15 00:51:52

Hi all, just checking in - well done Hobbit - can't believe we're up to no 12!. Hope tomorrow - well today - is a good day for all smile

Headisinsand Fri 07-Aug-15 02:35:52

Hello everyone.
I lurk from time to time.
You are all amazing.
I must have been stupid to believe my H was honest as it turned out the deception began the day he asked me to marry him and he kept it for 10 years.
It is 2 years since my lying scheming husband departed.
I am lucky that he is law abiding if not ethical and paying his child support regularly.
I still can't believe he gave me sole custody and permission to relocate in return for a better financial agreement for him and a speedy divorce and that was after ring fencing a sizeable asset. I am richer in so many other ways.

It has taken me this long to retrain and now I have the pleasure of looking for a job I don't want with no recent experience or work references. But spousal support ends soon, I really needed it as was barely able to function the first year.
I am looking forward to holidays, buying coffee and other unnecessary frivolities once I am earning.
It has been sometime since I cried when faced with the most mundane and unchallenging tasks and only a little cry at facing examinations.
Was awful waiting for results but I passed!
I will always have the scars but appreciate what I have and am thankful for my friends, family and children.
We are strong and can do it all.
I see some of you struggle to share your children as do friends IRL and I fear that is my next huddle as he is making noises about visiting. So the next task is to make sure the littlest one can look out for them self as Daddy won't and it has been hard enough for my eldest with out heaping responsibility on young shoulders.

TheOldWiseOne Fri 07-Aug-15 07:41:30

That lovely Jess just keeps on getting cuter...smile

Myturnnow4 Fri 07-Aug-15 08:14:52

Hello new thread (thank you Hobbit) and hello new day.

iwashappy Fri 07-Aug-15 08:25:06

Thank you for the new thread Hobbit and Jess. KOKO everyone.

That green is a bit too much!

Hobbitwife001 Fri 07-Aug-15 08:26:12

Welcome headisinsand to the bar, we love it when the lurkers pop up to say hello, I'm sure you have a lot of advice and experience to share and impart.

Jess does try her best oldwise ... And succeeds I think, however she is a bit itchy, < flea ridden > atm, off to the vets later.

Ailurophile Fri 07-Aug-15 08:35:36

Checks in, orders the usual..

Hope everyone is ok flowers

swisscheesetony Fri 07-Aug-15 08:51:23

Good morning, thank you for the new thread and the Jess pics

Last night I got "tired and emotional" and got myself in a state. KOKO

Hobbitwife001 Fri 07-Aug-15 10:05:24

It happens swisscheese , you're allowed a wallow, fuck it, you're allowed as many as you want.

There's no prizes for being the best at divorce, KOKO lovely lady, xx

FuckitAndStartAgain Fri 07-Aug-15 10:21:03

Morning all. I have been having a few rough days with lots of family stuff going on. I have worked out that I have nearly done a month per year of grieving (a counsellor once told me that was a surprisingly good rule of thumb for this shit). Anyway, on that basis, I am hoping for an onward and upward. Just the tiny issue (!) of the finances to sort.

Thread 12, I hope this marks an onward and upward for a few of us. KOKO.

whatyouseeiswhatyouget Fri 07-Aug-15 10:30:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happywannabe Fri 07-Aug-15 10:32:11

Thank you Hobbit for the new thread. Head it is good to hear that you are going onward and upward. Hope it gets better for all of us.

Swisscheese sorry about your state. I was in that place a couple of nights ago. Takes me ages to pick myself up at the moment.

In the middle of packing boxes and huge piles of resentment here.

happywannabe Fri 07-Aug-15 10:34:12

what good luck for your wobbly day - we will all wobble but not fall down smile

whatyouseeiswhatyouget Fri 07-Aug-15 11:05:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bobs123 Fri 07-Aug-15 11:08:24

what 1st ever bf from age 12? haha - keep us posted smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now