Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Holiday

(5 Posts)
Joie78 Wed 05-Aug-15 19:41:36

Just asking for some advice really. Ex-husband has the children 5 nights a fortnight usually. However, he asked for half the summer holidays which I agreed to. We both have 3 weeks each. However, he took 2 weeks holiday and the 3rd week the children are staying with his parents whilst he spends time at his new partner's whilst I'm at home on my own. Can I say he just has them for 2 weeks next year?

goddessofsmallthings Wed 05-Aug-15 19:46:04

Do you have any particular objection to your dc spending a week of their summer holidays with their paternal dgps?

Joie78 Wed 05-Aug-15 19:51:08

I have no objection except I'm a teacher and think it would be nice to spend time with me. They see their paternal gps almost every other weekend.

thelonggame Wed 05-Aug-15 21:02:46

I can understand it being hard being alone for so much of the holidays, i don't think it's unreasonable for them to have a week with their grandparents. Maybe next year if he's asking for the same you could suggest splitting the time so you aren't without them for three weeks after each other?

Minime85 Wed 05-Aug-15 21:48:56

I do empathise as a teacher myself I begrudge having to share my dcs in my 'time off' whilst my exh only has them on his rest days anyway so always gets to give them 100% of his attention.

I understand how you feel completely. I do think it's important to keep those relationships with g parents though too. Is there any way you can just explain all of this to him and see if next year it can be arranged across the summer rather than all in one block?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now