Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

£3000 and counting

(13 Posts)
Octopush13 Tue 04-Aug-15 17:37:18

Anyone...don't let this put you off leaving a rotter.

My ex bullied, abused and cheated (sex with co-worker for 4 years). I kicked him out in March when I discovered- we'd been together 16 years. But today I got the penultimate solicitors bill. I've now spent £3000 in getting rid of him. There's still one bill left to cover the legal work in me buying his 50% of our (now my) flat. The last £1500 was because he wanted to go back and forth changing things in our separation agreement, that I wouldn't and didn't have to agree to.

I hate him SO much. Still...at least I'm shot of him.

Anniegetyourgun Tue 04-Aug-15 17:38:47

Cheap at the price, believe me.

goddessofsmallthings Tue 04-Aug-15 18:03:58

Freedom is priceless and it's worth paying whatever it costs to acquire it.

By my calculations yours has cost you £187.50 for every year you spent enamoured enslaved by a rotter and maybe you should give consideration to putting 4 quid a week under the mattress in case you have to buy yourself out again. smile

It's not worth taking the risk of becoming embittered by hatred, honey. Congratulate yourself on being shot of him and leave it to karma to settle all debts.

moopymoodle Tue 04-Aug-15 18:19:10

I'd say you got a bargain, as your free of him!

financialwizard Tue 04-Aug-15 18:25:11

Was also going to say cheap for your freedom. I know it is a lot of money, but your sanity and wellbeing are worth so much more than that.

Octopush13 Tue 04-Aug-15 18:29:30

Feeling better...smile

Northumberlandlass Tue 04-Aug-15 18:32:22

Octo,
I cashed in the only savings I had to pay for separation agreement, solicitor advice, buying out of family home.
I am on the bones of my arse. But I am free. So are you. That is priceless!
I wish you happiness for the future!

ShebaShimmyShake Tue 04-Aug-15 18:42:59

Arsewipe removal tax. Cheap at twice the price.

Cocalite Tue 04-Aug-15 18:43:10

I know it's difficult at the moment but focus on the freedom!

Octopush13 Tue 04-Aug-15 19:10:44

Yup, on bones of arse. But the arse is looking darn fine I have to say. Freedom. Yes it is worth every penny and tear..

Scarydinosaurs Tue 04-Aug-15 19:13:40

I lost £1000s leaving my ex husband, he came off so well and still had the audacity to continue to ask for things that I had bought/had been given to me from my family.

Best money I ever lost. Life is so much better now.

sleepsoftly Tue 04-Aug-15 19:59:04

According to page 17 of our local paper, you could have bought a second hand Vauxhall Corsa, 1400cc, 8 years old with 72,350 miles on the clock for £3,000.

Are you sure you spent the money wisely?

NumanoidNancy Tue 04-Aug-15 21:11:50

Bargain I'd say. I'm three years down the line and £15,000 poorer and I still haven't managed to divorce my ex husband. It is astonishing how long these things can get dragged out for if someone really decides to be an arse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now