Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you carry on?

(8 Posts)
deckthehallswithdesperation Mon 03-Aug-15 18:19:10

When what you desperately want to do, is open the door, start walking, keep walking & never look back? I am stuck in a situation of indescribable pain & difficulty. My leaving would be a catastrophe for others I am responsible for, which means I am forced to stay. I feel sick having to face my problems. Despite lots of help I feel unable to do the things I need to do to change my situation. I don't have it in me to make the changes. So every day I sink lower. Maybe until the point where I do just walk out & to hell with it.

Lacoba66 Mon 03-Aug-15 18:26:27

Perhaps you set your ducks in a row ( even envisage it like that?) and literally take one 'quack' wink at a time?

You sound overwhelmed OP? Please believe that we ALL have it in use to make changes- possibly at a different pace, but it is there.

Can you let us have a little more info on why you feel so stuck?

cheapskatemum Mon 03-Aug-15 20:59:06

deck you sound either depressed, or scared, or both. Is there anyone in RL you can talk to? I agree with Laco that listing all the things you want to walk away from is a good idea, because it makes them seem less intimidating. You can pick some of the easier ones and start sorting them out. That's where the RL friend would help, but if you don't have one, we're here.

Ouchbloodyouch Mon 03-Aug-15 21:59:04

Where are you now deck on your timeline? I read your earlier threads but I am wondering what the current situation is regarding the divorce?
I apologise if I have missed any. flowers for you

Ouchbloodyouch Mon 03-Aug-15 22:00:37

Oh.. and yes I have been at the stage where I wanted to run away from it all. It got better but it took its own sweet time sadly sad

Lacoba66 Mon 03-Aug-15 22:04:48

deck, we are here for you...what ever you want to say. flowers to you.

CantAffordtoLive Mon 03-Aug-15 22:11:13

I can sympathise. I felt pretty much the same when married. It just got to the point one day that I actually secretly packed up my car and ran away to the other end of the country sad

I just got more scared of staying than of the consequences of leaving.

Please try and get some support. Information helps a lot as well.

adorably2014 Mon 03-Aug-15 22:12:19

I remember reading parts of your thread about your divorce and your teenage DDs. I don't really have anything useful to say I'm afraid except flowers.

Going through divorce now with lots of horrible behaviour from stbxh I keep going out of habit and hope that things will get better. I also see a counsellor. Maybe it sounds a bit naive but I try to have faith in the system. Despite all this some days are really bad and things get very dark, definitely. It's exhausting but giving up now isn't going to help. You must be further down the line with your divorce, aren't you?

You say you sink lower each day - do you mean this is how you feel or are you referring to the stuff others (your stbxh for example) are doing that's really getting worse?

I hope things get better for you soon. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now