Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I end it..

(11 Posts)
Hellokitty105 Fri 31-Jul-15 20:11:23

Been with OH for just over 3 years and it's been a rocky relationship from about 2 months in but we stayed together. He's done a lot of things to lose my trust and I don't feel the trust has ever been regained.
I've had a tough few months with work which had to take priority so the relationship had to take a back seat so to say. We've just got back from holiday where we hardly spent any time together and I haven't seen him since we came home a week ago (we don't live together).
I just feel we've drifted and the relationship isn't the same but I don't know if/how I should end it. He knows I'm not happy (a friend told me he'd been talking to him yet he hadsnt spoke to me about it). I just don't know what to do ..

loveyoutothemoon Fri 31-Jul-15 20:28:25

What are the trust issues?

Hellokitty105 Fri 31-Jul-15 20:47:30

He'been caught texting other females on more than 1 occasion. Some girl messaged me to say she cheated with him on Christmas Eve and when I confronted him about it he denied it. In the end neither of them had any evidence to prove or disprove what each other was saying so I didn't know who to believe. I still don't know whether he cheated or not and it does bother me but what can I do?

loveyoutothemoon Fri 31-Jul-15 20:51:26

What is your gut instinct?

Hellokitty105 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:13:19

I'm torn..

You can't have a relationship without trust but that's what's it's basically been so far. We're not intimate as a couple anymore and I don't know if we ever can be again

UnbelievableBollocks Fri 31-Jul-15 21:18:07

You're not seeing each other and he's not trustworthy.

I'd park this one up and move on. You won't find anyone more suited to you while you're with him.

loveyoutothemoon Fri 31-Jul-15 21:32:48

No point if you don't trust him, sorry.

notrocketscience Fri 31-Jul-15 23:24:04

Sorry, my advice is the same. Leave him if you don't trust him. Sorry, I know it will be hard.

category1 Sat 01-Aug-15 06:42:52

I don't know why we always feel we have to have absolute proof - the fact that the trust is in smithereens is enough, actually. Not like it's one incident. It's enough that you're unhappy, it's enough that you can't trust him. He's the one who broke the trust. If you stay, it'll just be more of the same. I did this for years, it never changed.

pocketsaviour Sat 01-Aug-15 14:04:17

So things have been rocky for 94.4% of the relationship length?

They're not going to get better now. Don't fall for the sunk costs fallacy. As long as you're stuck with this man who doesn't suit you, you're not going to meet one who really does. Life is too short to waste time with mediocre relationships!

CalmYourselfTubbs Sat 01-Aug-15 19:21:34

yep.
end it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now