Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I think we're going to split up

(8 Posts)
LouiseLouise2213 Fri 31-Jul-15 16:26:40

Long story short-
I'm depressed with anxiety.. A mess..
Work is hard which exausts me daily.
3 DC's - stressful
Zero sexdrive and AD making me feel horrendous.
DH is getting more and more peed off at the no sex thing..which sends me under even more!!!
I honestly don't think we're going to survive this and I don't know if I will cope alone. I have no friends to confide in.. Family aren't an option as we don't talk either.
Stuck... Scared.. And sick to death of it all sad
Don't want to lose him just wish he would understand

LouiseLouise2213 Fri 31-Jul-15 17:07:49

Also iv suggested councilling but he says no

ditherydora Fri 31-Jul-15 18:54:08

I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. It sounds very difficult.

Whatever happens you will cope, and you can stay strong.

Is there a reason for your low sex drive. If it is the medication have you spoken to your gp about it? it sounds as though you need some real life support.

flowers

LouiseLouise2213 Fri 31-Jul-15 19:43:13

Thankyou I hope you're right.. I feel like such a failure..
I lost my libido roughly 2 yrs ago when the depression for worse.. We still sleep together just not often like it used to be..
He really has no concept of how I'm feeling even tho I try and explain every day.
The AD's I'm on are likely to make it worse from what iv read, but I did tell my gp that it was a big problem for us.. She prescribed me these reguardless.

I need something.. God knows what.. I just wish he could understand how numb and lidless I'm feeling

LouiseLouise2213 Fri 31-Jul-15 19:43:33

*lifeless

KetchupIsNearlyAVegetable Fri 31-Jul-15 20:12:31

Why won't he go to counselling if you say you think that would help get the sex back?

Is the sex good when you do it?

What are you anxious and depressed about?

Are you going to counselling on your own?

LouiseLouise2213 Fri 31-Jul-15 20:50:03

I don't know. He says he's been before and it doesn't work.

Yes.. Although he has serious hang ups about his performance in bed even tho i constantly reassure him

Iv no idea.. Iv been in 2 violent relationships.. Been through alot of other stuff too in my life so it maybe just a build up. Iv always been a strong confident person until this hit me.

And iv recently got a number off my doctor so yes I will be. It's got to be worth a try surely?
What do you think., have u ever been?
He's threatened to walk before so I don't think we will get through this as the AD's are making me worse in wAys before I get better. (This is normal iv been told) I don't want to lose him, but I don't wAnt to beg. Nor do I want to have sex when I really don't want to but that's what he is making me feel I have to do to keep him.

ditherydora Fri 31-Jul-15 23:00:25

I've had counselling before - in fact having some now. It will help you cope. Your relationship may survive, but if it doesn't counselling will help you get through it.

And depression is a horrible illness. You have my sympathy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now