Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Soul-searching & reaching the wrong answers in marriage. Should I leave?

(7 Posts)
somethingchanged40 Thu 30-Jul-15 10:01:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jan45 Thu 30-Jul-15 10:22:20

Even marriage are not built to last forever, they all have a different shelf life, yours sounds long dead.

I think you'd be much happier on your own, to have things your way and to work out what you want from the rest of your life, it doesn't sound like he factors at all.

Millie3030 Thu 30-Jul-15 10:32:13

It sounds like you have the made the decision, but are just worrying about the family unit being seperate. But a family unit that is together and miserable isn't ideal. If you and he would be happier apart, maybe that is for the best.

somethingchanged40 Thu 30-Jul-15 13:12:17

Vernazza Thu 30-Jul-15 13:58:42

OP you sound torn and it sounds like you have been for a long time. I was in the same position and this book REALLY helped me sort through it and get out of limbo. It's called Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay by Mira Kirshenbaum. You can get it on Amazon. I highly recommend it. All the best to you.

somethingchanged40 Thu 30-Jul-15 15:36:18

Vernazza Thu 30-Jul-15 16:33:26

OP I will send you a private message xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now