Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ending a long term relationship

(9 Posts)
Beaverfeaver2 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:38:13

I have been with my DH for 15 years since we were 15 years old.

There have always been ups and downs but for the past 6 months I have struggled withbmybferlinha for him and I no longer feel that I see him as y future.

He hasn't done anything wrong, I haut feel that it's time we are now talking about starting a family.

How do you tell someone you have been with for this long that you no longer feel the same ?
I don't want to get him

CalmYourselfTubbs Sun 26-Jul-15 23:30:25

honesty is the best policy.

DragonsCanHop Sun 26-Jul-15 23:56:19

30 with no children, just tell him you don't love him anymore and move out.

calm has nailed it.

Beaverfeaver2 Mon 27-Jul-15 07:05:20

Is it really as simple as that?
He will ask so many questions and I just don't haberdashery he answers and he will try to persuade me otherwise.
Also worries abut what amply will think of me

Footle Mon 27-Jul-15 07:09:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whooshbangprettycolours Mon 27-Jul-15 07:10:01

You should talk to him

MaybeDoctor Mon 27-Jul-15 07:10:09

You don't need his permission to end the relationship - all that you need is that it is no longer working for you.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Mon 27-Jul-15 07:11:57

Took me ages to break up with a long term partner once because I was worried about what the family would think. In the end, everyone was a bit surprised but then went about their own business. It certainly wasn't the big deal I was expecting!!

Just sit him down and tell him. Life is too short not to. Be kind and be honest but get it done asap.

hidingbehindsmile Mon 27-Jul-15 07:52:34

Having been in similar position I can relate to your anxities about having the conversation. I waited nearly two years before having the serious talk (I had tried before but these were always brushed off). Neither of us had done anything wrong but we had become friends and in a routine because we had been together so long. I wanted more and realised we didnt want the same things in the near future. He initially told me we were fine, but I asked him to give it some serious thought- we had a couple of days space and much to my relief he shared that he agreed. We could have carried on, acting to everyone else like we were ok but its really important you are both happy in a relationship. I feel so much better now and we are still amicable. Follow your heart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now