Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anybody else unhappily single and fancy a little group moan?

(61 Posts)
SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:14:28

I am. Single 5 years with brief 4 month relationship ending a couple of months ago. Would just like to meet someone i can rub along nicely with. Tried OLD a few years ago but too many wrong'uns to wade through to find the decent ones.

Anyone else feel like wallowing? grin

brokenhearted55a Sat 25-Jul-15 23:15:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Learntoliveagain Sat 25-Jul-15 23:16:52

Hello, can I join you if I am half happy being single and half not?

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:17:17

thanks broken (your name says it all! sad)

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:19:16

Yeah the more the merrier! I suppose i'm half happy/half not too really. I'd like to meet someone but last relationship really showed me that i am firmly attached to my independence. confused

DrSethHazlittMD Sat 25-Jul-15 23:21:10

41-yr old guy, single 5 years, haven't had a date in 4. Did OLD for years (never again), joined umpteen clubs, new events, all the things everyone says. Hardly ever meet any single women. Wallowing with you.

Whiskwarrior Sat 25-Jul-15 23:27:04

Yeah, I'll have a wallow with you all grin

Two years single now. I'm 41 with 3 kids. And I'm overweight. I'm invisible to men. I've dabbled in OLD too. Dear God, what a joke that is. I get cut and paste messages from lots of men in the USA and Europe (I'm in the UK ffs) and the men I've messaged have rejected me because I have kids - despite them having kids themselves!

I like someone I work with. We get on well, have lots in common - and he fancies my friend who he's spoken to for five minutes once.

I despair, honestly.

madmother1 Sat 25-Jul-15 23:27:13

52 year old lady. Again, half happy half not being single. OLD awful. Am destined to die alone with cats!! (I haven't got a cat yey though). wink

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:28:11

So how are we all spending our saturday evening? I washed out a kitchen cupboard, cleaned all the appliances i dont use and sold them on FB so at least I'm £20 up grin now watching pitch perfect.

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:29:29

I like someone I work with. We get on well, have lots in common - and he fancies my friend who he's spoken to for five minutes once.

Oh thats painful! Ive been there. Its horrible.

Learntoliveagain Sat 25-Jul-15 23:30:01

Pretty productive Surly.

I ate ice cream in front of the best song of the 80s programme.

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:30:09

2 cats here grin

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:31:17

Oh i forgot that was on learn was it any good?

Learntoliveagain Sat 25-Jul-15 23:31:17

Even sadder than that, a guy I have had one date with texted to ask if I was out at 10.30pm. I said yes!

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:32:06

grin

No second date on the cards with him?

Whiskwarrior Sat 25-Jul-15 23:32:59

Ice cream here too. And Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so I can drool over Xander Angel.

Three cats! But I had them all with my ex so that doesn't count, right?

enderwoman Sat 25-Jul-15 23:35:20

I watched 30 Rock on Amazon Instant Prime and felt that I was just like Tina Fey's character but without the amazing writing talent. Sigh...

KatieMaddocks Sat 25-Jul-15 23:36:09

How sad and awful. On my own. Wallowing with no sleep. Feel like am going to die alone.

Learntoliveagain Sat 25-Jul-15 23:42:39

I would have loved to have watched that 80s programme with someone and reminisced and had a good laugh about it.

I find it difficult to find the time to see someone regularly around my children.

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:45:46

Same here learn. What age are DC?

Learntoliveagain Sat 25-Jul-15 23:48:38

12 and 9, with me all the time.

What about yours Surly?

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:49:55

Also last boyfriend seemed to really struggle with the fact that my DC took up so much of my time confused he has no DC but i assumed he understood when i said "i can only see you every other saturday and even then there are no guarantees" he said he got it but in reality he didnt. He got very frustrated when i didnt have time to chat at 7pm or when i couldnt come out on a thursday night- "cant you get a babysitter?" Nope, i cant. Like i told you.

SurlyCue Sat 25-Jul-15 23:51:50

6 and 10. They go to their dad's every other saturday for the night although he seems to like to take a few months off from that schedule without warning every now and again so i can never depend on it happening.

discophile Sat 25-Jul-15 23:52:19

Count me in. Still going through the phase of thinking that OLD might solve this problem but experience so far suggests it wont. Was VERY excited about meeting an architect this weekend but yesterday he got in a strop with me because I made a joke in an email. Seriously. Loon.

discophile Sat 25-Jul-15 23:53:10

I'm listening to Nick Abbot on LBC and cleaning my flat. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now