Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What's the best thing to do?

(4 Posts)
Henrietta15 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:02:47

So my boyfriend and I have been together for over 2 years. He has really bad anxiety so doesn't come and see me, making me feel worthless and downtrodden at certain times. I've had in the back of my head that I might want to be single for a little bit and recently we have decided to take a break. Now I don't know if I'm regretting my decision. I only want him and we both know within a month we'll be back together or something rediculous. Yesterday I went to a party and I love flirting but even though I was, all I wanted to do was call him and get cuddles. I don't know on his side though whether or not it's better to leave him to figure himself out by himself. Do I stick with him and just push him harder? I know no one has an answer but if really just like to hear what people have to say.

whitsernam Fri 24-Jul-15 22:07:32

"He has really bad anxiety so doesn't come and see me, making me feel worthless and downtrodden at certain times." So you have to make ALL the effort to see him, which leaves you questioning his investment, am I right? You don't need this at all. I'm sorry. Can you imagine a life like this for years and years? Does he not leave his home at all? How could he be a proper partner/husband/father? As an adult (I assume he is) it is up to him to seek treatment and change this for himself, but I wouldn't be waiting for that to happen. Time to move on, completely.

The5DayChicken Fri 24-Jul-15 22:15:32

If you both know you'll end up back together but he never comes to you, what you both actually know is that you'll go back to him. Sorry love but unless there's a reason he can't leave the house (sleeping child, ankle tag, etc) he just can't be bothered putting in the effort for you.

Nightstalker Fri 24-Jul-15 22:51:52

I would say give it 4-6 months and then review how you feel about him. But I can sympathise with him though because I suffered from that anxiety. I felt like it was unsafe outside my house. What helped me was taking a double dosage of phenegan (sp?) sleeping tablets and sleeping from 8pm to 10 am for a while.

Hope it all ends well ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now