Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Going on holiday with a troubled marriage

(4 Posts)
Holidaydilema Wed 22-Jul-15 20:44:25

I'm feeling quite anxious as I'm due to go on a 2 week holiday with dh and 2 dc. We're going abroad and it's going to be quite a full on holiday. Our marriage is pretty much non existent and has been for the last few years. Last years holiday was tense and we're only going this year for the dc.
Things have got somewhat worse this year so I'm really dreading two weeks non stop together.
Has anyone had a holiday that either made or broke them?

Oggy7758 Wed 22-Jul-15 21:11:26

Hi why don't you keep a little note book on holiday and record things and that will help you make up your mind when you are back. Also really try to make things work compliment your dh. I have just gone away with my husband and kids and it's hard as children are very demanding but try take it in turns to sunbathe etc. and even say to him this holiday we need to try make it work or leave it. I would be upfront so he puts in the effort x

NameChanger54321 Wed 22-Jul-15 21:18:40

Have a chat before you go. Explain your concerns and ask him what he thinks is best to do. Even if the marriage is non-existent, you're still going away so communication is key. Make an agreement on when you'll sunbathe/watch the kids. Plan some time separately too - book a pamper session in the hotel's spa and have a few hours alone, and also tell DH to do this too so you're having some down time.

KetchupIsNearlyAVegetable Wed 22-Jul-15 21:34:23

What are you dreading about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now