Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He's acting strange

(6 Posts)
Angelic88 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:11:25

so. I'll be brief. I have been casually seeing someone. It's been going well. But he is on away on a business trip soon for 2 weeks. Firstly, He kept saying things like "Who will you replace me with" But now he is acting a little strange. Like we will be having a moment (kissing, not sex) and he will start acting like a child and then hug me again rather than lock into my kiss to longer like he normally would. Do you think he is detaching because he will miss me and he is worrying I will move on? x

OttiliaVonBCup Mon 20-Jul-15 21:12:58

No.

Milllii Mon 20-Jul-15 21:15:25

Do you know its definitely a business trip and who will be there with him.

ALaughAMinute Mon 20-Jul-15 21:20:07

I think you're reading too much into it.

Relax. It's a casual relationship, see how it goes!

TRexingInAsda Mon 20-Jul-15 21:20:42

Well I'm normally the first person to say LTB, but it sounds like he just really likes you and is thinking he's going to be missing you. Maybe you're as insecure as each other!

Cabrinha Mon 20-Jul-15 21:27:32

Detaching because he will miss you?
You are totally overpsychobabbling that - he's going for 2 weeks! That's like, the length of a holiday!
If he's 'detaching' over a 2 week trip, he's a bit weird!

Personally I'd not like the "replacing me" comment, I might even find it a bit offensive - though I'm not sure whether by casual you mean not exclusive?

It might indicate that he wants more than casual and is after some ego stroking, or even just the ego stroking.
I'd just meet it head on "you've said about replacing you several times now - it's a weird thing to say - what gives?"

Then if he just needs a bit of reassurance in general, you can sort it.

If it's general reassurance (casual relationships can be hard) then I wouldn't mind. But if he's funny about a 2 week break, he'd be too needy for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now