Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

has anyone ever felt like this??

(3 Posts)
kitkat1989 Fri 17-Jul-15 21:03:27

to start ill say that im battling depression right now and am over analyzing everything. ill also say that i love dh more than i can say hes my everything.

but lately im struggling with my frelings alot. since we got married 18 months ago dh has pretty much just ceased giving me affection at all. he rarely holds my hand, a kiss is a little peck, dtd im lucky if i get 10 mins twice a week.

wev never had an amazing sex life anyways but its always been ok iv never thouht tht was a huge part of our relationship. but we used to have so much passion. we could never keep our hands off each other.

i feel really sad that we dont have/i feel like ill never have that anticipation of is he going to kiss me or going on a date and the tingly feeling i used to get when he stroked my arm. i feel a little bit in mourning for my single life because im not getting the affection i crave.

iv tried talking to dh but he just wont he doesnt think theres an issue

Joysmum Sat 18-Jul-15 07:43:13

How would he react if when he tells you there's no issue for him you tell him your glad but this is a big issue for you and you need to both work together to improve things?

Joysmum Sat 18-Jul-15 07:45:03

...it could well be that he does think there's an issue but that if he knows your battling depression he doesn't want to add to that and is trying to protect you.

It could be that he genuinely doesn't think there's a problem for him.

Either way unless you can get him to talk things won't improve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now