Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've just LTB I was right wasn't i?

(44 Posts)
Chillyegg Fri 17-Jul-15 19:28:48

Basically at my ils for eid . Earlier in the day dog had called me dumb for putting food on his plate wrong. It was awkward he's also been calling me names for a very long time. Any way he in his room he asks what's wrong, I say I feel tired and tearful. Had been up since 5:30 with the baby. I say I'm tired and teary but we'll talk about it later. He says why can't you just be happy for one day. I tell him to fuck of he screams and swears at me. Goes into the bathroom. I then pack my bags and tell him I'm leaving. He then follows me and screams at me says I'm a psycho etc. ( massive back story of him calling me loads of names) he tells me if I go to leave the baby. I tell him to duck that. He tells me to piss of and get out. I tell him I will. He then slaps me incredibly hard across the face. I leave
after he's gone terrified in a
taxi. He is now saying I'm the
worst person in the world that I'm every bitch under the sun because I left on eid. He
slapped me so I could see ssense hmm. I'm apparently the selfish and bitch and just a
terrible person. And I'd
started the fight so I had
every intention to leave. This is all so jumbled but I'm devastated. My husband and best friend is an abusive twat

Esmeismyhero Fri 17-Jul-15 19:30:13

He's a cunt! Well done for ltb! flowers

minkGrundy Fri 17-Jul-15 19:32:48

Yes you were right to ltb.
Try not to speak to him for the time being.
Hope you are somewhere safe and have contacted Womens Aid.

cozietoesie Fri 17-Jul-15 19:33:07

Have you got a reasonable place to stay where you and the baby will be safe ? (Don't say where it is.)

NoraLouca Fri 17-Jul-15 19:36:10

Yes you were right, Eid or not.

mummy0bummy Fri 17-Jul-15 19:39:00

He slapped you?!?

Whether he thinks it was 'justified' or not, it's against the law.

mummy0bummy Fri 17-Jul-15 19:40:43

Agree you were right Eid or not, he presumably thinks slapping and name-calling is fine at Eid but leaving as a result isn't confused

FeckTheMagicDragon Fri 17-Jul-15 19:44:35

See I thought Eid was a time for kindness and generosity.
Not for calling your wife dumb, and slapping her hard round the face.

Report him to the police and stay safe. Call women's aid, they can advise.

Chillyegg Fri 17-Jul-15 19:58:52

Yeah I'm safe

Just in shock

butterflygirl15 Fri 17-Jul-15 19:59:36

yes you were right. Please report him to the police and speak to Women's Aid too. You took the baby with you?

Chillyegg Fri 17-Jul-15 20:00:26

Yeah baby's with me

Chillyegg Fri 17-Jul-15 20:00:50

I just feel so so so shocked didn't see this coming

butterflygirl15 Fri 17-Jul-15 20:11:19

are you going to report him to the police? You need it on record what he has done. Do you need a doctor?

crustsaway Fri 17-Jul-15 20:11:33

You have the baby (thank god) and have just left a name calling spiteful person that hits when he doesnt get his own way. I'd say that was a pretty good Eid. He is and never was your best friend.

Congratulations and onwards and upwards to a better life.

cheminotte Fri 17-Jul-15 20:14:17

Well done. You did the right thing.

ouryve Fri 17-Jul-15 20:15:08

It sounds like the only mistake you made was not leaving the utterly abusive bastard before Eid. Well done for making that move and please seek out the sources of support that others have mentioned. flowers

ouryve Fri 17-Jul-15 20:17:48

Logging the incident with the police, even if you don't want to press charges, could be important if he decides to ramp up the nastiness when it comes to custody and contact, by the way.

Chillyegg Fri 17-Jul-15 20:20:13

No I don't need a dr.
I'm not gonna call the police mainly because I don't have the emotional capability right now.
I'll get my brother to get my stuff and we'll I'll sort contact out and go see citizens advice. Feel so shocked

nrv0us Fri 17-Jul-15 20:23:18

"Why can't you be happy just for one day?"

I think you're about to be

nrv0us Fri 17-Jul-15 20:24:03

And for a lot longer than one day

butterflygirl15 Fri 17-Jul-15 20:24:49

you need to log it. What happens when he wants contact with the baby. You need evidence of what he is like, so speak to WA, the police, your HV, GP and anyone else official. But you really do need to tell someone official. It will pay dividends in the long run. Also - why should he get away with it. He is an abuser.

Chillyegg Fri 17-Jul-15 20:33:00

I know.

I have no issue with him seeing the baby he is no danger to her.

I'm just so confused

His family are upset that I just left without saying anything to anyone or saying good bye hmm

Ohbollocksandballs Fri 17-Jul-15 20:34:58

You've done a very brave thing flowers

Lweji Fri 17-Jul-15 20:39:58

Well done, you. star

You did the right thing for you, but also for your baby. One day he'd hit you when holding the baby. The next he might hit you both.

I strongly advise you to report this to the police. Not much will happen to him, but will send him a message that you will not let it go. And that it's not only you who sees it as wrong.

It will also help you when dealing with his twattiness in relation to the baby and contact. Because he will be a twat in that respect.

Also expect threats, pleas, promises, cries and possibly suicide threats. You are very strongly advised to ignore them all.

cozietoesie Fri 17-Jul-15 20:45:23

...he is no danger to her...

I'm sorry, Chilly, but you have no guarantee about that. This is a man that can call you names for putting food on his plate wrong - and that has actually hit you. (Plus all the rest.) What might he be like with her when she's a bit older and one of them is fractious?

I'd report it. You ought to start putting things on the record.

Well done for getting to safety anyway - it's not always so easy to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now