Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need a hug

(7 Posts)
Joy69 Fri 17-Jul-15 16:47:53

Just had a chat with my stbxh & we have decided to sell the family home.
I knew this would have to happen eventually as we have been seperated, but living together in separate bedrooms for 2
years.
Just scared of what the future holds. I work part time and could afford a mortgage if I got tax credits, however not sure how this would work if I get my half of house money.
Tbh I'm scared to death, not of being alone, but the financial implications & the effect on the kids.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

countryandchickens Fri 17-Jul-15 16:48:58

I don't have any advice, but hugs aplenty. I can only imagine how hard this must be x

DancingLadyEmoji Fri 17-Jul-15 16:50:49

flowers

No advice either, just big hugs. It's the right decision. Life will be different, but your children will adjust. If it's the right decision for you, it's the right decision for them x

Donatello68 Fri 17-Jul-15 18:17:56

I am in exactly the same position as you. I am about to start mediation to try and sort all the finances out amicably. It is a really sad and uncertain time. Stay strong. It will all work out for the best. Hugs xx flowers

strong123 Fri 17-Jul-15 18:18:28

Sending your hugs - I am sure everything will work out.

I am coming to terms with a similar situation - closing down a business that I run with my exp. I know exactly how scary things can seem but hopefully things will get better for the both of us xx

mrstweefromtweesville Fri 17-Jul-15 18:18:54

Just hugs. I don't have any useful information but I wish you well.

AcrossthePond55 Fri 17-Jul-15 19:25:12

Any change is frightening, but the best thing to do to conquer that fear is get informed. Make a list of your questions and contact CAB and/or a solicitor. They'll help you get started in sorting out the financial end of things. Find a friend or relative in RL that you can lean on.

You'll get through this. There may be a few bumps along the road, but in the end you and the children will be happier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now